Hard not to like the Leafs this year, no?

Neely08

Mar 9, 2006
North of Boston
Wait.... are you trying to call that fight a win for Thornton??? :laugh::laugh:

Nope. Did he rock em? Yup.

Did he get pummeled in return? Not really, but I'd have to give the win to Orr.

Did Orr run around tonight, Colt?

Most people that fight Orr get completely embarrassed. What the **** do you want?

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston

Most people that fight Orr get completely embarrassed. What the **** do you want?

I am starting to think Colt hates the Bruins.:)

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
the problem with Thorton is every night he has to fight the oher teams heavyweight while toronto now has orr and maclaren

Thornton needs another scrapper on the fourth line to take some of the heat off him.

As some have said on this board Chara,Lucic,Horton can fight but its stupid for them to do it with a 4th line plug

Generally I'd agree with this, but if Lucic is going to be as abysmal as he has been lately, then the least he can do is fight someone to make himself somewhat useful.

Pie O My

May 26, 2010
Shawmut Center

that was a draw to my eyes. but one thing we all tend to forget about ST because he so often punches over his weight is that he's more of a light heavy while Orr is a legit heavyweight.

Colt.45Orr

Mar 23, 2003
Canada

I'm not sure what you are asking me here? I was happy that Thornton held on there --never said that I wasn't-- I just clarifying that it certainly wasn't a win for Thornton.

Orr certainly wasn't "running around" --he was playing good hard hockey. 2nd star of the game, 1 assist, had 2 really good hits, including one that knocked Seidenberg over and helped cause the turnover on the GWG for MacLaren.

Colt.45Orr

Mar 23, 2003
Canada
I am starting to think Colt hates the Bruins.:)

Well then, thinking obviously isn't your best attribute. :)

*edit There are things about this current edition that are driving me crazy (ex. Pandolfo) but I guess because I don't just try and pin everything on the keeping or "effort" like 98% of the board sooooo I must hate the Bruins then ?... wait... how did that work again?

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
Well then, thinking obviously isn't your best attribute. :)

*edit There are things about this current edition that are driving me crazy (ex. Pandolfo) but I guess because I don't just try and pin everything on the keeping or "effort" like 98% of the board sooooo I must hate the Bruins then ?... wait... how did that work again?

Ouch :(

Neely08

Mar 9, 2006
North of Boston
I'm not sure what you are asking me here? I was happy that Thornton held on there --never said that I wasn't-- I just clarifying that it certainly wasn't a win for Thornton.

Orr certainly wasn't "running around" --he was playing good hard hockey. 2nd star of the game, 1 assist, had 2 really good hits, including one that knocked Seidenberg over and helped cause the turnover on the GWG for MacLaren.

Nah, had he landed another like that right hand, he may have done enough to win or draw. But he did talk to him while he was rocked. You have to give him points for that, too. Most people are too busy eating rights.

Some games I've seen this year Orr is an absolute menace. Pretty much daring someone to come after him. Didn't see that. Yeah, he played hard, but I always expect that from him.

rcduthie77

Mar 31, 2007
Hamilton, Ontario
1. An hour south?
2. What stations are you listening to cause all I'm hearing about is the pending collapse.

1. Takes me an hour from the East end of Hamilton to get to downtown Toronto. I can get to the Welcome to Toronto in about 45 but I was more specifically thinking ACC.

2. Bryan Hayes and Jamie McLennan on Leafs Lunch, Matt Cauz (who by the way is the worst on sports radio and I speak as a broadcaster) with Makowitz on TSN 1050 are all bad for that kind of stuff. Kypreos and McLean on Hockey Central are always all over how great the Leafs are. And then try to listen to Joe Bowen for one period, people accuse Jack Edwards of being a homer but Bowen's voice immediately goes up three octaves as soon as the Leafs enter the zone but as soon as their scored on it sounds like someone shot his dog. Not to mention Greg Millen who I can't listen too, the guy was a career backup but every opposing goaltender has MASSIVE FLAWS in his opinion.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Thornton has taken some HUGE shots this year. Shame on the Bruins for making a 35 year old do the heavy lifting mostly on his own. Shawn is playing some real good hockey right now too...he could use some help.

What about Gregory Campbell? :(

I don't really agree with you on your sentiments but you have a point. I hate the fact we should build the roster based on goonery and getting good at staged fights. But its a live by the sword die by the sword kind of thing. We earned a rep for being one of if not the toughest team in the NHL (and bullied a bully in Vancouver to win a Cup when everyone was watching) and now teams want to prove their own toughness to themselves by challenging us.

I don't want to add a plug who can't skate and just fights. In fact I want that crap removed from hockey (not too anti fighting but I'd like it reduced and to happen only when guys get seriously pissed at each other and thats it.) But I don't want 35 year old Chara having to fight. IDK what you do.

4th line can get a new linemate in Lucic or Horton though. Paille needs to be promoted.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown

I like Orr but if he got the second star of that game it may be some kind of joke.

Kaoz*

Watching the CBC feed, they had asked Lucic about his tilts with McLaren to which Looch replied McLaren was the toughest opponent he's ever had, and that McLaren is one of the only guys to put him on his back.

They asked McLaren if he'd seek out a rematch with Lucic, to which he replied Lucic is too good a player to fight all the time now so no.

The fact that a 4th line goon on another team gets this and many on this board do not puts this thread in an even more humorous light.

And good on Thornton, slight edge Orr but ST went toe to toe with him and held his own.

Fire Sweeney

Jun 16, 2009
Bergen
Watching the CBC feed, they had asked Lucic about his tilts with McLaren to which Looch replied McLaren was the toughest opponent he's ever had, and that McLaren is one of the only guys to put him on his back.

They asked McLaren if he'd seek out a rematch with Lucic, to which he replied Lucic is too good a player to fight all the time now so no.

The fact that a 4th line goon on another team gets this and many on this board do not puts this thread in an even more humorous light.

And good on Thornton, slight edge Orr but ST went toe to toe with him and held his own.

The great Lucic has one more goal than the 4th line goon. There won't be any excuse left soon for him not fighting when he's not acting like a first line player and choses to play like a wimp against Toronto, Buffalo and Ottawa.

Kaoz*

The great Lucic has one more goal than the 4th line goon. There won't be any excuse left soon for him not fighting when he's not acting like a first line player and choses to play like a wimp against Toronto, Buffalo and Ottawa.

Krejci only has 4 more goals then the 4th line goon so I'm really not seeing your point. I suppose if McLaren can keep up that 30% shooting pctg we should question the offensive abilities of a few of our top 6... common sense dictates however that isn't likely (not that that has ever stopped anyone here before).

Lucic has 13 more points, 66 more hits, and can be trusted on the ice for roughly 13 more minutes per game by his coach. For a guy who is supposedly intimidated playing against teams with goons he sure took a healthy run at Leafs players last night (how NHL.com records hits I'll never know, I counted 3 solid hits in the first period alone from Lucic on Franson, Fraser and Kulemin).

That line is completely ineffective right now and that falls on all three. None of them are making clean passes on the breakout, none of them are winning battles on the boards, none are making smart plays through the neutral zone. The line is in a funk of epic proportions.

Shoebottom

Bruin exiting lair
Aug 31, 2005
7 steps from my can
Krejci only has 4 more goals then the 4th line goon so I'm really not seeing your point. I suppose if McLaren can keep up that 30% shooting pctg we should question the offensive abilities of a few of our top 6... common sense dictates however that isn't likely (not that that has ever stopped anyone here before).

Lucic has 13 more points, 66 more hits, and can be trusted on the ice for roughly 13 more minutes per game by his coach. For a guy who is supposedly intimidated playing against teams with goons he sure took a healthy run at Leafs players last night (how NHL.com records hits I'll never know, I counted 3 solid hits in the first period alone from Lucic on Franson, Fraser and Kulemin).

That line is completely ineffective right now and that falls on all three. None of them are making clean passes on the breakout, none of them are winning battles on the boards, none are making smart plays through the neutral zone. The line is in a funk of epic proportions.

Why didn't Lucic bury Grabovski just before he scored that goal. He had him lined up and pulled up for some reason. Anybody know why? Also loved how he got stripped off the puck on the Kulemin post, he looked "old man" slow on that one.

If it wasn't for Pandolfo's zero effect on this game, I'd say Lucic was the weakest link among the forwards. Though he did that sweet pass to Horton and screened the goalie on the Ference goal.

Kaoz*

Why didn't Lucic bury Grabovski just before he scored that goal. He had him lined up and pulled up for some reason. Anybody know why? Also loved how he got stripped off the puck on the Kulemin post, he looked "old man" slow on that one.

If it wasn't for Pandolfo's zero effect on this game, I'd say Lucic was the weakest link among the forwards. Though he did that sweet pass to Horton and screened the goalie on the Ference goal.

Do you mean Krejci, who quite literally skated right through Grabo like a gentle breeze?

Shoebottom

Bruin exiting lair
Aug 31, 2005
7 steps from my can
Do you mean Krejci, who quite literally skated right through Grabo like a gentle breeze?

Nope. Right before Grabo entered our zone with the puck, Lucic had him lined up for a huge hit along the boards but pulled up and kinda gave him a pat on the back lol. It was weird. A young Lucic drooled over situations like that. :help:

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be

Good for Thornton. Toronto played a much more quiet game then normal. You can see a respect there. As for Lucic I am sure the goons leave it up to him. Expect Kassian of course.

Kaoz*

Nope. Right before Grabo entered our zone with the puck, Lucic had him lined up for a huge hit along the boards but pulled up and kinda gave him a pat on the back lol. It was weird. A young Lucic drooled over situations like that. :help:

You need to rewatch that play. Grabovski deeked him out of his jock. Lucic didn't let up on him, he couldn't catch him.

Krejci was the passive one on that play, how that's even arguable I'm not sure. Grabovski was stopped and Krejci went right through him.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
You need to rewatch that play. Grabovski deeked him out of his jock. Lucic didn't let up on him, he couldn't catch him.

Krejci was the passive one on that play, how that's even arguable I'm not sure. Grabovski was stopped and Krejci went right through him.

Agreed. Grabo deeks everyone at the blueline no biggie. Krejci ole'd it. Actually looked like DK acted like it was offsides with his incredible lack of effort.

CamFan81

HF Snob Agitator
Mar 22, 2009
RI
Agreed. Grabo deeks everyone at the blueline no biggie. Krejci ole'd it. Actually looked like DK acted like it was offsides with his incredible lack of effort.

lol

in all seriousness Krejci thought he'd be slick and steal the puck from grabo, when he whiffed it bartkowski barged on himself AND khudobin was caught sleeping

:edit: was supposed to say Barfed on himself :facepalm:

Last edited:

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
lol

in all seriousness Krejci thought he'd be slick and steal the puck from grabo, when he whiffed it bartkowski barged on himself AND khudobin was caught sleeping

Funny that the only guy who had nothing to do w that goal was the much maligned Nasty Nate.

Bruins need to get back to running people over instead of stick checking.

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma

Not only that, but all I hear is guilt is a great motivator. Yet Lucic gets beat, and glides back into the zone. If he hustled, when Grabo cut back, lucic could of cleaned him out. Yea krejci should of taken the body, no argument from me, but Lucic was beat twice on that play.

Kaoz*

Not only that, but all I hear is guilt is a great motivator. Yet Lucic gets beat, and glides back into the zone. If he hustled, when Grabo cut back, lucic could of cleaned him out. Yea krejci should of taken the body, no argument from me, but Lucic was beat twice on that play.

Why exactly would he have done that? There were two Bruins on Grabovski already in Krejci and Bartkowski.

You think his thought process should have been to help triple team the 5'11" 180lbs Russian instead of covering the gaping hole in the center of the ice in case the other two guys couldn't handle him?

Often when Krejci is mentioned in a negative light on a play I feel like I'm in crazy town... this is just such an occasion.

MTaylorJ1

Sep 20, 2006
Why exactly would he have done that? There were two Bruins on Grabovski already in Krejci and Bartkowski.

You think his thought process should have been to help triple team the 5'11" 180lbs Russian instead of covering the gaping hole in the center of the ice in case the other two guys couldn't handle him?

Often when Krejci is mentioned in a negative light on a play I feel like I'm in crazy town... this is just such an occasion.

At least 4 guys made a poor play there. These things happen. I dislike the constant harping on Lucic as much as I do that of Krejci and Horton.

The 3rd line is the real problem here, you can't design a team to roll 3 deep and then ice 2 4th lines.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad