Happy (?) Trouba Day!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moon Man

Oct 3, 2015
there is almost zero reason to trade Trouba.
what's up with Wpg fans and their ridiculousness?

Because reason =/= 0.

If someone doesn’t want to play ball, how are you going to play ball with them?

DonM

The Industrial Revolution and its consequences
May 18, 2015
the collective bargaining agreement pretty much ensures that Mr Trouba will play for the Jets for the indefinite future.
2 years is not indefinite. Quite the opposite in fact.

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
So what was the final guesses? 4.8 million
MeanMeanest.jpg

Moon Man

Oct 3, 2015
the collective bargaining agreement pretty much ensures that Mr Trouba will play for the Jets for the indefinite future.

It’s the length of indefinite that worries me. Also the (potential) attitude of someone that (potentially) doesn’t want to stay.

WPGChief

May 25, 2017
Winnipeg
jetsnation.ca
QqSgggs.png

From Matt Cane's predictions. I don't believe the 1-year takes into account arbitration rulings, more so what it would be if both sides came to an agreement on that.

Personally, I think Trouba lands around $5.25m to $5.75m in an arbitration ruling. Comparables don't go higher or lower than that, maybe up to $6m if inflation and cap percentage is a big deal. For one RFA year, it should be less - but I'm not sure the arbitrator cares about that.

Hockey's a business. Trouba is betting on himself and trying to maximize his value. Jets are trying to put together a manageable team under the cap. The sky is blue and the Earth is round. Proclamations of hurt and irreparable relationships and negotiations are a bit overblown.

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
QqSgggs.png

From Matt Cane's predictions. I don't believe the 1-year takes into account arbitration rulings, more so what it would be if both sides came to an agreement on that.

Personally, I think Trouba lands around $5.25m to $5.75m in an arbitration ruling. Comparables don't go higher or lower than that, maybe up to $6m if inflation and cap percentage is a big deal. For one RFA year, it should be less - but I'm not sure the arbitrator cares about that.

Hockey's a business. Trouba is betting on himself and trying to maximize his value. Jets are trying to put together a manageable team under the cap. The sky is blue and the Earth is round. Proclamations of hurt and irreparable relationships and negotiations are a bit overblown.
The earth is round? Not according to Kyrie Irving!

sting13

Jul 30, 2011
He shouldn’t get what he’s worth for only 1 or 2 years.
lol, Ok, so you say pay him less than he is worth. Should you get paid less in your job unless you sign a contract for 5 plus years? Don't you feel you should get what you deserve?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad