Happy Thanksgiving

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
I’m thankful for working desktops and laptops because browsing this place on a cellphone without ad blocking is a truly awful thing.

Gobble gobble

Well... since (as I posted previously) I'm having goose for Thanksgiving... honk honk?

And by extension... Happy Gusev Day? :huh:

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Happy Thanksgiving to all.

legitimately Thankful to communicate with you all since I live in a part of the country where I know no other Devils fans and only see Devils apparel on someone else a few times a year.
To slightly derail this thread. You commenting on seeing Devils apparel around your parts only a few times a year reminded me of an encounter with a Devils fan while out recently.

I was out eating a few weeks ago (at a place I go to on many Monday nights) and overheard these guys talking at the table across from me. I heard them rattling off names of teams by city and state. I was trying to figure out what they were talking about, I figured it was football, I heard the one guy say ''Buffalo'' and I thought ''Maybe NFL?'' and then I heard him say Rangers and I got excited and figured maybe I'd butt in to their conversation, only because I love to talk hockey with people, even if it's Rangers or Flyers fans, etc. So I heard the other guy he was with say ''They gotta fire Hynes'' and I got so excited, so I just kind of rudely butted in and said ''Hey, I overheard your conversation and heard you were talking about hockey! Did you just say fire Hynes?''. And he got all excited and then he said ''They need to get rid of Hynes and Schneider'' and we both said Schneider at the same time and he got out of his seat and came over to shake my hand and I said ''I think we just became best friends!''. And I felt like I was having a conversation with myself. He went on a tirade about how bad Schneider has been for 3 years now.

Turns out he's a Devils fan and his buddy is a Rangers fan. I saw them the next Monday and that was the day after we beat Vancouver on the road recently. He said he didn't catch that game cause he was out gambling on a boat. The one guy who's the Rangers fan gave me his number the week before. They were saying we should go to a game and I'd be down. They said they go almost every Monday to eat there. Didn't see them the other night though, as I came kind of late and I figured they went home to watch the Rangers game.

Whaddagoal

Junktime season...
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
Happy Thanksgiving to all your Hfboarders....hope you get to spend it with those close and meaningful today.

While i am at it, Thanks to you all especially for keeping it exciting here while we watch our team implode this season. The only way to get through these games sometimes, knowing you all are here with insightful, or rambly, or funny, outrageous takes as this trainwreck unfolds.

Y'all the best!

Thanks NJ board!

Oh and the Hynes turkey is priceless. Where they selling those at....?:sarcasm:

Reactions: My3Sons

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
Happy Thanksgiving to all your Hfboarders....hope you get to spend it with those close and meaningful today.

While i am at it, Thanks to you all especially for keeping it exciting here while we watch our team implode this season. The only way to get through these games sometimes, knowing you all are here with insightful, or rambly, or funny, outrageous takes as this trainwreck unfolds.

Y'all the best!

Thanks NJ board!

Oh and the Hynes turkey is priceless. Where they selling those at....?:sarcasm:

at your local grocery store in the discount section

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad