Happy Thanksgiving! - The Crow-Eating Thread

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
I think I said there was no way that "they can do D by committee without a better defender"

Klefboms current stats probably put him up there with anyone in the group I was thinking of....so im not sure what that means..

Bear is awesome....I already liked him....hoped he would stick....didnt think it would happen in the top 4.

Im not sure about the crow though.....the team is playing well....the forwards sill havnt shown they can roll lines for balanced scoring. Like Batman just said Haas and Nygard arnt lighting the lamp....

Sheahan, Khaira, Chiasson look good....not sure how much they will be able to score either.

Turning Nygard or Jurco into a consistent scorer seems like the best bet but not sure if its all that likely or not...theyve both played well but probably less convinced that will happen than in preseason right now.

So some crow thigh meat for the Klefbom stuff maybe....but Im going to have to save some for later.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
I predicted Neal would match Reider's goal total from last year :(
Yom yom

Satire

Nov 20, 2016
The only crow I am willing to eat right now is that I thought Jesse Poolparty would be a solid top 6 winger in the league for the Oilers given enough time to develop. I don't think he has it in him anymore, though it's possible. Probably not on the Oilers.

For the rest it's still up in the air. I'll be thrilled if we are competing for wild card spot but my expectations are super tempered this year. If the season was 5 games long we would be in the big game but we have 77 more games to play yet... lol

blue_n_copper

Nov 30, 2006
When Persson played so well early in the pre-season, I posted that Bear's chances to make the team out of camp had disappeared or something like that. How wrong I was and how happy I am to have been wrong.

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
Thought nothing of the euro signings and that Gagner would stick and push those out. Wrong. Tippett wants a faster team. Not necessarily pure skill.

Thought Bear was too small and slow to play in the NHL but he made major strides in the offseason. Was to write him off.

Jones, you’re next.

Last edited:

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Well Im gonna throw this out there. Benning and Russell have been a good 3rd pairing
Benning in particular has been very good. That pairing takes a ton of d zone starts. They arent very creative with the puck but make reliable and simple plays

Tyrolean

Feb 1, 2004
Thought nothing of the euro signings and that Gagner would stick and push those out. Wrong. Tippett wants a faster team. Not necessarily pure skill.

Thought Bear was too small and slow to play in the NHL but he made major strides in the offseason. Was to write him off.

Jones, your next.
you're

Reactions: voxel
Oct 15, 2008
I am enjoying this winning streak but this thread is complete nonsense. The same issues remain.. all the offence is coming from McDavid and Draisaitl. Neal has been on a heater, largely from PP production from Connor and Leon. The other players are playing well, but not scoring.

This isn’t going to be sustainable.

Reactions: Aerchon

TameYew

Oct 24, 2016
I am enjoying this winning streak but this thread is complete nonsense. The same issues remain.. all the offence is coming from McDavid and Draisaitl. Neal has been on a heater, largely from PP production from Connor and Leon. The other players are playing well, but not scoring.

This isn’t going to be sustainable.

We missed the playoffs last year by 12 points. This year we already have 10 points in the bank. These early points count the same as points earned in March/April. At this point we can regress back to last years play and we would be in good shape to make the playoffs.

As for crow: I did not think Holland did enough to address the bottom 6, the defense, the wingers and the goal tending.

The bottom six look like they are grinding other teams down and causing momentum shifts on their own (obviously need more scoring from them though). The defense has been upgraded from within which we desperately needed, the wingers have been upgraded due to Neal, Jurco, Nygard and Kassian has been great so far. Smith has been a huge surprise. The biggest change for me is that when the Oilers used to play a Tippett-coached team, it always frustrated me because it looked like the Oil could never generate sustained pressure. We could get one chance once in awhile but it was frustrating to watch. Now the Oilers are playing that way and stifling other teams has been so fun to watch. Not only the trap, but also the aggressive forechecking and the active sticks. Just so good. They obviously need improving but hopefully they get better as the year progresses.

Reactions: I am the Liquor

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad