Happy Seventh Year Anniversary!

flashy

In the name of Kane.
Dec 17, 2009
Edmonton
had this happened today's nhl. easily 10 suspenions blah blah. people saying bush league, nhl reffing is a joke and that cambell should suspend the flyers for 3 years from the nhl

danishh

Dec 9, 2006
YOW
i love watching this. I have it bookmarked and every few weeks i'll just sit back and enjoy it.

Vomiting Kermit*

I completely forgot it was just prior to the Bertuzzi incident.

Hab-a-maniac

Sep 28, 2003
Toronto via Calgary!
Visit site
People lately on HF are getting dewy-eyed over 2004 NHL. It's only been 7 years and nostalgia has already kicked in!? So by 2013 will people be longing for 2006 hockey as the "good old days"? NHL of 2004 wasn't much more brawl filled and crazy as it is today. NHL of 1973-93 however was that way. Bettman phased out a lot of the nuttiness but while this has cut down on ugly incidents it's also made the game a bit less passionate and rivalry-based. But the NHL pre-Bettman was full of nasty play and the instigator not being in the game didn't cut back on the viciousness at all.

The only difference today is there's not as much vigilante justice and pests are more hated. But you know, in the non-instigator days, people like Esa Tikkanen, Ken Linseman and Claude Lemieux never "got theirs" nor stopped playing the way they did because of this so-called "Code." Stars weren't targeted more than today necessarily but tough guys played assassin on each other with sucker punches, sticking, cross-checks, elbows and headshots that would make today's players blush. All of a sudden, there's this consensus that hockey today sucks compared to 2004 but back then people were upset about the clutch-and-grab, soccer-on-ice nature of the game and said "1997 was better! Avs-Wings, Mario and Jaromir dominant, blah blah blah. Games today lack that passion!"

Fel 96

JFC
Mar 19, 2010
Little Canada
www.youtube.com
I still remember watching that game live. That was awesome.

EDIT: Does anyone still can find the original thread on HF when it happened in 2004? I'd be interested to read it.

Last edited:

ManOnTheMoon

Hejdas Gonna Hejd
Aug 7, 2009
Omaha, Nebraska
That takes me back, if only because of some of the guys in that video-- Alfredsson, Phillips, Neil, Spezza-- is anyone else from that game on either team anymore?

ManOnTheMoon

Hejdas Gonna Hejd
Aug 7, 2009
Omaha, Nebraska
I still remember watching that game live. That was awesome.

EDIT: Does anyone still can find the original thread on HF when it happened in 2004? I'd be interested to read it.

Found the Ottawa GDT-- http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=58928&highlight=GDT

Edit: General Board threads-

Madness in Philly- http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=58955&highlight=Brashear+Ray
Whoever says the fans don't like fighting...- http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=58956&highlight=Brashear+Ray

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
That was 20 pages. We'd be guaranteed 4 or 5 threads worth today.

Fel 96

JFC
Mar 19, 2010
Little Canada
www.youtube.com
Great, thanks!

EDIT: I like this comment from the "Madness in Philly.." thread:

OK, this thread is officially a mutant. 300 posts in 3 hours.

Last edited:

straka91*

i still watch it atleast once a month when i get bored. Sad I know.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->