OT: Happy New Year Jets fans

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
No more champagne, and the fireworks are through.
Here we are, me and you, feeling lost and feeling blue.
It's the end of the party, and the morning feels so gray,
so unlike yesterday; now's the time for us to say:

Happy New Year, Happy New Year,
may we all have a vision,
now and then,
of a world where every neighbor is a friend.

may we all have our hopes,
our will to try;
if we don't, we might as well lay down and die,

you and I.

... I love post-divorce ABBA. I guess now that they seem to have patched things up it's not so profound, but like, nowhere else could find a song about a theoretically joyful occasion filled with language like "if we don't we might as well lay down and die" and "Man is a fool, and he thinks he'll be okay, dragging on, feet of clay, never knows when he's astray", and "seems to me now that the dreams that we had are all dead; nothing more than confetti on the floor". But that's what makes it so magical and perfect for this spot, when the melancholy post-party reflection of the gray ahead fits perfectly with the pounding hangovers in many of ours heads ;)

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Happy new years! Hopefully 2022 is better then 2021 as 2021 was better then 2020. Incremental improvements!

Last year, Mrs Snerd and I saw in the New Year together, at home, watching TV. We talked about how that New Years Eve was different, because we had never been so happy to see the end of a year. We were pretty optimistic for '21.

This year is much the same, except we didn't mark the arrival of '22. Didn't bother staying up for it. '21 was just about as bad as '20 had been. This year, we have less optimism going into the New Year. :(
But there is hope. Hope that this f***ing pandemic will soon end. :)

Happy New Year everyone! Lets put our faith in that hope. This too shall end.

And Go Jets Go! Starting Tomorrow against F**k Vegas!

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg
No more champagne, and the fireworks are through.
Here we are, me and you, feeling lost and feeling blue.
It's the end of the party, and the morning feels so gray,
so unlike yesterday; now's the time for us to say:

may we all have a vision,
now and then,
of a world where every neighbor is a friend.

may we all have our hopes,
our will to try;
if we don't, we might as well lay down and die,

you and I.

... I love post-divorce ABBA. I guess now that they seem to have patched things up it's not so profound, but like, nowhere else could find a song about a theoretically joyful occasion filled with language like "if we don't we might as well lay down and die" and "Man is a fool, and he thinks he'll be okay, dragging on, feet of clay, never knows when he's astray", and "seems to me now that the dreams that we had are all dead; nothing more than confetti on the floor". But that's what makes it so magical and perfect for this spot, when the melancholy post-party reflection of the gray ahead fits perfectly with the pounding hangovers in many of ours heads ;)

ABBA's music is so underrated!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad