OT: Happy Holidays! The Official CFHF Holiday Thread

Wayne Primeau

Stay Gold
Apr 22, 2014
Ottawa
We had something like this last year, so I thought I'd continue the thought along to this year.

520999_eb.jpg

How are you celebrating the festive season this year? What are you celebrating? What did you get as presents? What are you eating?

Share with us here.

Aug 3, 2010
Merry Christmas and happy holidays to all of the HFFlames community.

Dunno about presents, my family and I aren't really into it. Going to both my parents' places for dinner over the next couple days - they're both former restaurateurs so the food is always superb. Everything is a pleasant surprise.
Working every day from the 26th til January 3rd so I'm going to appreciate the time I have with family and friends who are coming into town, but also looking forward to the extra cash flow. :)

Bouma Fett*

Booty Hunter
May 19, 2012
Calgary
Will be going to my grandmother's house on Christmas morning to do the bigger family gift exchange. Then will be going to work from there, I work 1:30 to 11:00 on Christmas Day. Boxing Day I'm off, and we'll be doing our big dinner that evening.

WeegarUnderwood

Fan of Intangibles
Jan 13, 2014
Vancouver, B.C
I am making the extremely arduous, gruelling drive from Vancouver to Chilliwack to visit my mom and spend Christmas with her and most of the rest of the family :)

Hopefully the kids will make a decent ginger bread house this time, they've been slacking the last couple of years

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Spending time visiting almost every day with family and friends. Will be in Gull Lake for NYE to shut off from the world for a couple of days. Really looking forward to a 12 day break from work!

Happy Holidays all, well except for the kids getting punched and that have no candy.

Isles5513

Please don't lose
May 18, 2014
Long Island
I already celebrated my holiday. I got a a rod and reel for shark fishing. And an alarm clock of course. I'm going up to Rockland County tomorrow to spend Christmas with our family friends who are Christian. I'm hinted I might get a fly fishing rod and/or reel from them.

Isles5513

Please don't lose
May 18, 2014
Long Island
Also, to the Pastafarians, happy Holiday! Even though there is no official date for Holiday and it is usually just the whole month of December.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I already celebrated my holiday. I got a a rod and reel for shark fishing. And an alarm clock of course. I'm going up to Rockland County tomorrow to spend Christmas with our family friends who are Christian. I'm hinted I might get a fly fishing rod and/or reel from them.

A Christian that listens to Norwegian metal you say?

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
I celebrate Christmas over a three-day span. My own parents are divorced and then my gf's parents. :laugh:

This year, the schedule is as such:

Dec 24: Xmas with my mom/step-dad/sister
Dec 25: Xmas with gf's family
Dec 26: Xmas with my dad/step-mom

Isles5513

Please don't lose
May 18, 2014
Long Island
A Christian that listens to Norwegian metal you say?

I'm actually Jewish. I just go over to a family friend's house and celebrate Christmas with them, as well as easter and they celebrate the high holidays and chanukah with us.

And my favorite songs by this Norwegian death metal artist are covers of other songs like Gin and Juice by Snoop Dogg, Feel Good, Inc. By the Gorillaz. My favorite is a cover is of Let It Go in metal, just because of the idea of hearing that song in death metal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->