OT: Happy Halloween

Wen22

May 28, 2006
Edmonton
Screenshot_20201031-093450__01.jpg

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
We have had a grand total of zero trick or treaters come to our place the last two years, so don’t imagine that will increase this year. As we are somewhat rural, most of the parents drive their kids into SP to get their treats. Which is strange, as homes in our area give out far more goodies per household than the bigger centres. Full size chocolate bars, big bags of chips, cans of pop are standard. When my kids were younger they begged me to take them into SP, complaining that they could hit more houses than out here. So we did a test. An hour out here, and an hour in SP. Separate pillow cases for each. Let’s just say we didn’t go back into town the next year. Kids learned that the haul from one rural home was equal to about what you got from 5 city homes. ;)

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Halloween without hockey.

Halloween without giving out candy and treats. Sigh.

I'll make a concession. I'll give out twice as much next year and put up twice as much decorations and Halloween display, assuming world back to normal.

Its a sad Halloween. That said I hope that families that still have children at home are able to make something out of this. I would advise against trick or treating but its everybodies decision. Many families are not traditionally taking part this year and from the looks of things many houses won't be handing out treats. For the first time we won't be.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007

Windy AF yesterday, calm and sunny today :handclap:. Sending my kids out trick or treating, even if lots of people aren't giving candy out (which we totally respect and understand why). Hopefully we get a normal Halloween next year.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Well, there were tons of kids and families out trick or treating and tons of houses giving candy out in our neighborhood. One homeowner said this was the most trick or treaters she has had in years.

Wen22

May 28, 2006
Edmonton
This is so awesome I'm just going to bump it. Are you a professional artist? Cartoonist? Your work is quite incredible.

Very enjoyable just to look at your depictions. This is among the best I've seen so far.

I also liked Shari Lewis and Lamb Chop. So long ago. I presume thats where you got the name.

Thank you for the kind words :D. Not a pro but does pretending to be one count? lol. I've actually always has confidence issues with my art, only the last few years where I became more confident in showing my artwork to people.

My last name is Lam and my teammates/friends always called me Lamchop, so it kinda stems from there. Still love the Lambchops shows though haha

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Less kids than previous years but the ones who did come got the goods that’s for sure. Switched to big chocolate bars and bags of chips to make it easier for people to sanitize them (which we did as well and sanitized and masked while handing out. Glad to see Halloween wasn’t a total loss as I think kids have had to deal with enough “new normal” this year.

Darkwinter

Apr 4, 2010
I spent over 8 hrs putting up and taking down lights and pumpkins,ect for a grand total of 3 kids .my brother's house is pretty famous in Edmonton for the stuff he puts up and he spends a week doing his place for no kids to show up

Reactions: bellagiobob

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad