Movies: Happy Death Day 2U

GBHockey

Jun 2, 2018
I quite enjoyed the first one but I'm surprised to see there is a second one coming. I don't have the numbers but I can't imagine the first did amazingly well in cinemas, the first I'd heard of it was when I was looking through the movie channels and it was on, so I watched it.

The trailer for this second one looks pretty good but it just feels like an extended cut of the first one. It's the same story, same characters and same style. Obviously the fact the main character would have to keep dying until they have killed/caught the killer and I have no issue with that, it'd be stupid to change that. But using the same characters is where it frustrates me a little bit. To me it's just a 'well why didn't you use these ideas in the first one?' type situation. If it was the same girl, and her boyfriend but later down the line, with a different setting and story then I'd be much more thrilled about it. Perhaps the story of this one will explain things more upon watching, who knows!

I know I'm being a bit over critical of a easy watching, fun horror type film but hey.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad