Happy Crushing Leafs Dreams Anniversary Bruins Fans!

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
I was sat on the couch. No one else was home. Leafs made it 4-1. My heart sank.

My buddy (a Blues fan) texted me saying it looks like the Bruins are done. I replied that it appears to be so.

Then Horton scored. I was like "Oh" but didn't even celebrate the goal. Still seated.

Then Lucic scored. And I cheered and jumped out of my seat. I was like Let's Go!!!! Holy Smokes they are still alive!

I went and stood behind the couch. Couldn't sit down.

I had this low ceiling made of industrial-like ceiling tile. When Bergeron scored to tie it up, I nearly put my head through the ceiling tile.

Then I knew it was over. The Leafs were finish. OT was simply a matter of time before the Bruins would finish them off.

Lucic was an absolute beast during that comeback run. The Leafs D-men had no answer for Lucic on a rampage.

When Looch scored and looked up at the scoreboard to see how much time was left and with that intense look on his face said...

LFG, I knew they were going to tie it up.

mikelvl

Aug 6, 2009
Newton, MA
I had family members who I know had no interest in hockey calling and texting me after that game because they know I leapt through the roof. That one made up for all the tears I shed as a kid watching the B'S lose one Canadiens series after another. Actually Game 7 against Montreal helped out with that too!

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
He might have been on the team, but he didn't play in that game:

Screenshot_20210513-222528_Chrome.jpg

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
That energy was coming through the TV I swear. It's amazing to me how many Bruins fans who watch that game knew it was over the second the clock hit zero in the 3rd period and the Leafs had no chance in OT, none whatsoever.

I know I felt that way.

Just like when it went from 28-3 to 28-28. Hell everyone knew there was no way we were losing the coin toss lol

EON

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 31, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Last edited:
Reactions: sarge88

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
My kids were young at the time . Had zero interest in hockey. When the Bruins made it 4 - 2 , I told them "watch this , your about to watch the greatest comeback of all time" so now the Bruins make it 4-3 . So to be a Richard , I say "OK kids bedtime". All of a sudden they were the greatest hockey fans of all time. So I let them stay up . Boom 4-4 , they're not fooling me , they still have zero interest in hockey , all they want is to stay up. When the Bruins won it in OT you could see they were genuinely pumped. I was hoping it would stick but no luck. Little pricks still have no interest in hockey. I don't know where I went wrong , I just got broken kids .

From that day forward , when ever bed time rolled around and there was a game on they were interested in hockey again. Can we stay up dad? GTFO, go to bed you little dicks.
That’s how hockey fans are minted. Getting to stay up.

Reactions: HockeyMomx2 and BMC

HockeyMomx2

Extra Medium Water, Hold The Pickles
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2008
The Most Beautiful Place In The World
Still remember where I was when I was watching. Still remember the unbelievable depression I was in at 4-1... still remember the insane jubilation after each of Bergy's goals... and EVERY single time I watch these clips I get massive goosebumps.
For me it's Lucic's "That's one" moment that made me stop and ask myself, huh, can they? Yes, yes they can and did. It was hilariously awesome :)

TwineTickler

TheUltimateBruin
May 13, 2006
Fairfield County, CT
I broke my center table as I jumped up and down on it when Bergeron scored.

I went to goodwill the next day with great big grin on my face and found a replacement for 5 bucks that i still use today.

This may be my favorite story thus far... however... let's upgrade that coffee table :laugh:

Reactions: PB37

pgm16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2010
St. John's NL
I was chatting with my nephew on FB, he is a Leafs fan. I threw in the towel at 4-1. When Horton scored, he started to become nervous, when Lucic scored, he said talk later Uncle Paul.....

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
I remember being on another board talking about the game in the mid-3rd period when it was 4-2 and the Bruins looked listless, and I just made some offhanded comment about how they'd make get to within 1 but then fall just short, and I literally made some snarky comment about how "Lucic will score some meaningless goal with 1:22 left so we lose by 1". Then Lucic did score with exactly 1:22 left, so I was half-right

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad