Happy Crushing Leafs Dreams Anniversary Bruins Fans!

Olden McGroin

Aug 1, 2009
It was a madhouse

M6U34WCDOUP6WC4ZTNCWPP7GRA.jpg

Lobster57

Nov 22, 2006
Victoria, BC
Still remember where I was when I was watching. Still remember the unbelievable depression I was in at 4-1... still remember the insane jubilation after each of Bergy's goals... and EVERY single time I watch these clips I get massive goosebumps.
Before the OT goal when Dougie is bringing the puck out of the zone he hesitates for half a second. That's when the goosebumps hit for me, they dont go away until a few seconds after Bergy ends it

Reactions: TwineTickler

Bearclaw

Jul 25, 2013
California
As great as Bergeron's OT winner was, Peverley almost scored at the end of regulation. Imagine how hard of a gut punch it would've been if they scored 3 goals in the final 1:22 to eliminate the Leafs.
I completely forgot about this until now. I almost lost it with that near-miss.

Seriously the biggest roller coaster ride of my fandom and one of the greatest sports moments of my life.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
One of those moments in sports where you'll always remember where you were and will likely never see again for your particular team. A once in a life-time sort of comeback.

Was in bed, threw the remote and it broke into twenty pieces after Kessel scored. Wife yelled at me, and I didn't feel like getting up to turn the tv off. Was on HF calling this team every name in the book, trading everyone, firing everyone and Horton scored. I then watched intently and was just about to get up and turn it off (didn't want to see the leafs celebrating) and Lucic scored. I knew we were winning then

Milan Lucic played as about a great ten minutes as any leader I have seen on any team in any sport. He willed this team to victory.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Was in bed, threw the remote and it broke into twenty pieces after Kessel scored. Wife yelled at me, and I didn't feel like getting up to turn the tv off. Was on HF calling this team every name in the book, trading everyone, firing everyone and Horton scored. I then watched intently and was just about to get up and turn it off (didn't want to see the leafs celebrating) and Lucic scored. I knew we were winning then

Milan Lucic played as about a great ten minutes as any leader I have seen on any team in any sport. He willed this team to victory.

I was sat on the couch. No one else was home. Leafs made it 4-1. My heart sank.

My buddy (a Blues fan) texted me saying it looks like the Bruins are done. I replied that it appears to be so.

Then Horton scored. I was like "Oh" but didn't even celebrate the goal. Still seated.

Then Lucic scored. And I cheered and jumped out of my seat. I was like Let's Go!!!! Holy Smokes they are still alive!

I went and stood behind the couch. Couldn't sit down.

I had this low ceiling made of industrial-like ceiling tile. When Bergeron scored to tie it up, I nearly put my head through the ceiling tile.

Then I knew it was over. The Leafs were finish. OT was simply a matter of time before the Bruins would finish them off.

Lucic was an absolute beast during that comeback run. The Leafs D-men had no answer for Lucic on a rampage.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench

This is exactly what happened. We saw and heard Looch yelling at his teammates saying "Let's f***ing go...We can do this". I thought "I don't think you can" but I was happy to be wrong.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
I sold my ticket that night. I was struggling hard and was in a terrible headspace after dealing with what had happened the month prior.

I didn't watch the game until they came back. I followed the game on twitter and here and wanted everyone fired/traded and then the comeback started.

I turned it on when Looch scored.

When Bergy tied it up I got emotional and when he scored in OT i broke down and just sobbed. For the first time in a month I felt like it was ok to be happy again.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
Two truths I can tell you that happened, I told my then GF when it was 4-1, that the Bruins were going to win scoring a goal about midway through the 3rd, then getting 2 late goals with the goalie pulled to tie it and finally winning it OT, I still remember her stunned look at me. The next day at work my supervisor who is also a Bruins fan, had stopped watching at 4-1 and thought they lost, when I told him they won in OT, again same sort of look of disbelief. This is one of the greatest sports games I have ever witnessed along with the RedSox come back series win over the Yankees.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
I sold my ticket that night. I was struggling hard and was in a terrible headspace after dealing with what had happened the month prior.

I didn't watch the game until they came back. I followed the game on twitter and here and wanted everyone fired/traded and then the comeback started.

I turned it on when Looch scored.

When Bergy tied it up I got emotional and when he scored in OT i broke down and just sobbed. For the first time in a month I felt like it was ok to be happy again.
Not sure I want to ask what happened to you at that time, but glad the Bruins could be part of making you feel better and happy that you are better today.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
My kids were young at the time . Had zero interest in hockey. When the Bruins made it 4 - 2 , I told them "watch this , your about to watch the greatest comeback of all time" so now the Bruins make it 4-3 . So to be a Richard , I say "OK kids bedtime". All of a sudden they were the greatest hockey fans of all time. So I let them stay up . Boom 4-4 , they're not fooling me , they still have zero interest in hockey , all they want is to stay up. When the Bruins won it in OT you could see they were genuinely pumped. I was hoping it would stick but no luck. Little pricks still have no interest in hockey. I don't know where I went wrong , I just got broken kids .

From that day forward , when ever bed time rolled around and there was a game on they were interested in hockey again. Can we stay up dad? GTFO, go to bed you little dicks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad