Happy Crushing Leafs Dreams Anniversary Bruins Fans!

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA
I was working during this game... But convinced my manager to let me pop the game up on the TV.

I was walking the floor helping new employees take phone calls (airline reservations).

Was pissed, ready to throw in the towel. Was actually angry when they made it 4-2 because it made things look closer than it was.

When they tied it, I jumped in the air and yelled quite loudly. An employee raised their hand and called me over, and told me the customer on her phone did the exact same thing at the exact same time, haha.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
This game was inadvertently the start of my Bruins fandom. I was just getting back into watching hockey seriously again and wasn't rooting for anyone in particular, but I remember laughing that "the same guy" scored the tying and winning goals.

Then they moved on to demolish the Penguins, a team I despised from back in the 90s. So I said, any team that does that is a team I can root for.

And now here I am. :D

And I was going to post a picture but after eight attempts I have given up on that. :damnpc::damnpc::damnpc::damnpc::damnpc::damnpc::damnpc::damnpc:

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
My favorite game ever attending in my Bs lifetime and I have been to every playoff game since 2000

I remember how insane intermission was before OT The building had the most insane energy I’ve ever felt u knew they would not lose in OT

That energy was coming through the TV I swear. It's amazing to me how many Bruins fans who watch that game knew it was over the second the clock hit zero in the 3rd period and the Leafs had no chance in OT, none whatsoever.

I know I felt that way.

13Hockey

Go Bruins
Jul 20, 2006
Boston
That energy was coming through the TV I swear. It's amazing to me how many Bruins fans who watch that game knew it was over the second the clock hit zero in the 3rd period and the Leafs had no chance in OT, none whatsoever.

I know I felt that way.

yup intermission felt like the biggest party ever

everyone was yelling in joy and hugging everyone

such a amazing night

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Eight years later.....

*Runs around the forum high fiving everyone and passing out celebratory cookies*

20200201_151123.gif

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Was living in my father's house with now-ex, and daughter, as we awaited our house to be built. Watched the game downstairs with pops, mom and baby went to bed during second intermission. I remember at the point of 4-1 I was asked when I was coming to bed and I looked at the game clock and said "about 15 minutes" in the saddest tone ever.

Then Horton scored, and I remember mentioning to my father that we've sat on this couch and seen this movie 100 times. They play like shit for 50 minutes and then flip a switch to finish the game, only to come up just short of the comeback so coach can say "We played hard. blah blah"

Then Lucic scored, and I was still convinced that my prediction was spot on now.

Oh how happy I was to be proven wrong. They should've won the cup. Poetry was in motion.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007

I know I felt that way.

Yep. Intermission after regulation was nuts. You could tell that hardly anyone had left their seats. Broadcasters were screaming into the mics, because of both their own excitement level and the energy of the crowd

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
We had all Leaf fans in our row except for me and @GahdenRinkRat . We were congratulating them but then Looch was on the ice yelling "We can do this ...Let's f***ing go". Looch did not want to lose that game. He was going crazy.

It was such an exciting game. Some fools left the game early . You never do that and this showed why.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad