Happy Canada Day!

carolinacanuck

Apr 5, 2007
The Carolinas
I'm a Canadian living down here in the Carolinas. Everyone here is focused on the upcoming 4th of July festivities, but I've got Canada in my heart and mind today...

And my dual citizenship kids are both sporting the Maple Leaf today.

:handclap:

Dado

Not for everyone, apparently. :( Apparently the Legislature (or the crowd nearby) was the target.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/story/2013/07/02/bc-rcmp-terrorism.html

"Two people have been charged in a B.C. Canada Day terror plot that involved pressure cooker bombs similar to the ones used in the Boston Marathon bombings.

Police are expected to release more information about the terrorism charges Tuesday morning.Police are expected to release more information about the terrorism charges Tuesday morning. (CBC)
Court records indicate Amanda Marie Korody, 30, and John Stewart Nuttall, 39, have each been charged with conspiracy to commit an indictable offence, knowingly facilitating a terrorist activity and possession of an explosive substance.

They were arrested Monday and are accused of building explosive devices with the "purpose of causing death or serious bodily injuries" in Victoria on Canada Day."

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad