Happy Birthday Drew...

Status
Not open for further replies.

HFNHL Red Wings

Thank you.
Not sure how you knew but much appreciated.

HFNHL Commish

Feb 28, 2002
HFNHL Red Wings said:
Thank you.
Not sure how you knew but much appreciated.

Since your date of birth is listed in your profile, you get a birthday announcement on the HFBoards main page. Happy belated!

Vaive-Alive

Mar 3, 2004
Toronto, Ontario
Drew - Might be time for a Brew

A Birthday. The Draft coming up. Playoff Reviews ( i.e. What should have happened like Bruins beat <insert inferior team from West> to win Stanley Cup ). The planets are aligned. We need to call a GM's meeting at Shoeless Joes or the Spherical Arts sometime in the next couple of weeks...

VonKruegengrolsch
GM Bruins

HFNHL Red Wings

I'm in but given uncoming events (work and leisure) it would need to be after the draft weekend for me. The same is probably true for Douglas as well.

HFNHL Red Wings

Dr.Sens(e) said:
See?! Curmudgeon...

You trying to improve the vocalbulary of the unwashed, or at least illiterate, masses again Nick? I already get enough of that from Douglas.
Here I was being insulted and didn't realize it ... had to go look the word up :shakehead

Now if you start talking logic structures, Activity Based Costing, troubleshooting etc. then you're talking my language.

Dr.Sens(e)

Feb 27, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
HFNHL Red Wings said:
Now if you start talking logic structures, Activity Based Costing, troubleshooting etc. then you're talking my language.

No wonder you beat me last year. Hear I was winning all the post-game barb sessions, but getting b1tch slapped in terms of tactics on the good ol' chalk board. That and your ability to somehow get Pronger suspended for game 6 and 7!?! :banghead:

Of course, I've clearly gotten over that series loss...

HFNHL Red Wings

Dr.Sens(e) said:
No wonder you beat me last year. Hear I was winning all the post-game barb sessions, but getting b1tch slapped in terms of tactics on the good ol' chalk board. That and your ability to somehow get Pronger suspended for game 6 and 7!?! :banghead:

Of course, I've clearly gotten over that series loss...

LOL. I though you would have progressed to blaming the Ducks by now. Then again Matt is a numbers guy too :)

Looking back at my previous statement I realize how stupid it sounds.
I guess what I really intended to say is that while all those things come easy to me and I can almost read numbers like others do a book, if you ask me to write a well structured paragraph or test my vocabulary ... we'll you might as well ask me to perform brain surgery. Guess it's one of those left brain right brain things.

HFNHL Commish

Feb 28, 2002
HFNHL Red Wings said:
LOL. I though you would have progressed to blaming the Ducks by now. Then again Matt is a numbers guy too :)

Looking back at my previous statement I realize how stupid it sounds.
I guess what I really intended to say is that while all those things come easy to me and I can almost read numbers like others do a book, if you ask me to write a well structured paragraph or test my vocabulary ... we'll you might as well ask me to perform brain surgery. Guess it's one of those left brain right brain things.

The difference, Drew, is that I'm a gracious opponent, win or lose. If it had been your boys that kicked the stuffing out of the Blues to close out the series, I'm sure there would have been a fair amount of gloating involved by now. ;)

For what it's worth, I'm with you in that I can read spreadsheets faster than I can read a book. That said, I still like to think that I'm good for the occasional crafty turn of phrase.

Dr.Sens(e)

Feb 27, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
HFNHL Commish said:
The difference, Drew, is that I'm a gracious opponent, win or lose. If it had been your boys that kicked the stuffing out of the Blues to close out the series, I'm sure there would have been a fair amount of gloating involved by now. ;)

For what it's worth, I'm with you in that I can read spreadsheets faster than I can read a book. That said, I still like to think that I'm good for the occasional crafty turn of phrase.

There's enough hate to go around.

I've now added the Ducks to my vengeance list, which already included San Jose and Detroit. And vengeance is a meal, best served cold as they say. Dallas was the first to be put on that list 4 years ago, but successive playoff wins of revenge have lead to them being dropped. Ah the pleasure of crossing off people from the vengeance list....

Actually, my list looks a little like the one from Kill Bill, black magic market and all. In fact, I'm staring at it right now...must...beat...these...teams...

HFNHL Red Wings

HFNHL Commish said:

Hehe. That's not entirely true. I admit I love the trash talk but can rarely find a sparing partner. I do all my trash talking up front though. I do not believe I have ever gloated after winning, even this season with Columbus there was alot of trash talk during but you will note there was no "Detroit Wins" article after the 7th game. Trash talk is fun but I don't kick someone when they are down.
In the Blues case it's Nick that keeps bringing up his elimination not me :-P

Vaive-Alive

Mar 3, 2004
Toronto, Ontario
Bruins buy Japanese Steel...for Skates of course

Dr.Sens(e) said:
And vengeance is a meal, best served cold as they say.

"Revenge is a dish best served cold." - Old Klingon Proverb

The team has just returned from Okinawa with new 'blades', and we intend to serve the Senators a cold dish of revenge next season. The Flyers were served theirs this year. The Senators are next on our list.

VonKruegengrolsch
Deity Bear Claw Guild of Assassins

Dr.Sens(e)

Feb 27, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
Vaive-Alive said:
"Revenge is a dish best served cold." - Old Klingon Proverb

The team has just returned from Okinawa with new 'blades', and we intend to serve the Senators a cold dish of revenge next season. The Flyers were served theirs this year. The Senators are next on our list.

VonKruegengrolsch
Deity Bear Claw Guild of Assassins

Leave it to a Trekkie to screw up a classic quote.

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
HFNHL Red Wings said:

For the record, that's not a language, Drew - it's a sickness!

I already wished you Happy Brithday, so I'll stick to taunting you about the struggles your team is going to have next season... If you make the playoffs at all, you're likely to find yourself on the unfavourable end of a Round 1 decision (for a change!).

So just enjoy this busy summer, knowing the $#!^-kicking you have to look forward to all next year! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad