Tribute Happy 4th of July

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Title says it all.
:yo::wg::vhappy::wave::clap::bb::hockey::partytime::cheers::5:

God Bless America, and the rest of the free world.

Enjoy!
As is my gift every Independence Day, following find The Star Spangled Banner with my original second verse, not posted here in a commercial context for sale [thus compliant with HFB rules], or with any other permissions granted by me, the sole copyright holder, to anyone. Made available exclusively here only for review and personal enjoyment of the reader.

The Star Spangled Banner, © 2014 (v. 2) by Bernhard Christian Helgason.
All Rights Reserved. Placed here by permission. For review purposes only.
{bernmeister is the legal alias for Bernhard Christian Helgason}

{in the public domain: original lyrics by Francis Scott Key, originally titled Defence of Fort McHenry; The Library of Congress estimates October 19 of that year, 1814, is when it was first renamed The Star Spangled Banner. The tune is based on an old British drinking song, The Anacreontic Song (To Anacreon in Heaven), credited to John Stafford Smith, 1778.}

O say can you see by the dawn’s early light
what so proudly we hailed at the twilight’s last gleaming
whose broad stripes and bright stars
through the perilous fight
o’er the ramparts we watched
were so gallantly streaming
And the rockets red glare
the bombs bursting in air
gave proof the night
that our flag was still there
O say does that star spangled banner yet wave
O’er the land of the free and the home of the brave

So say the brave free, our great flag flies with might,
Stars ‘n stripes speak most loud, U. S. A. has liberty!
Recall then God’s great gift
was this rev’rent blest night.
Tho’ McHenry most bombed,
the Fort’s distressed armory.
But Brit shells were denied,
we now trumpet with pride,
Our prayers had been heard
God’s Own Hand on our side!
Yay proclaim the Star-Spangled Banner still waves,
Unfurl’d Old Glory be, freedom’s Author so saves!

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
bern is an old pro at this.

http://www.bernmeister.com/

He's a true Renaissance man.

Happy fourth.

Thank you, kind friend to us all.
ps -- do NOT order the pdf sheet music or mp3 performance from this site as I have to straighten out various stuff.

In a coupla months, I will be launching revtit.com and revtit.shop, where my music will be available. revtit is short for reverse tithe, and consistent with what you would expect that to mean 90% will be donated to charity, to fight coronavirus to start.

That is another story for another time.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I also just learned we had a "Tribute" tag.

One day out of frustration from the clutter here, I took it upon myself to make the "Player Discussion" tag. Which immediately resulted in basically every player having their own thread, which while organized, was silly.

I also miss tags. You could tag your threads with keywords at the bottom and then search for threads by tags.

I maintain the vBulletin version of this place circa 2010 was the best this place will ever be.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
Thank you, kind friend to us all.
ps -- do NOT order the pdf sheet music or mp3 performance from this site as I have to straighten out various stuff.

In a coupla months, I will be launching revtit.com and revtit.shop, where my music will be available. revtit is short for reverse tithe, and consistent with what you would expect that to mean 90% will be donated to charity, to fight coronavirus to start.

That is another story for another time.
Surprised there was still a domain name with tit in it available in this day and age.

Reactions: bernmeister

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
107056799_10157748160588075_2697041984307533345_o.jpg

Reactions: bernmeister and Ola

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Ok great, but what if traded the Star Spangled Banner for the Deutschlandlied, and then flipped the Deutschlandlied for the Russian National Anthem and a pick? We could use the pick Bern's Christmas song. It's not a national anthem but I think it'll have synergy with the other songs we acquire.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Ok great, but what if traded the Star Spangled Banner for the Deutschlandlied, and then flipped the Deutschlandlied for the Russian National Anthem and a pick? We could use the pick Bern's Christmas song. It's not a national anthem but I think it'll have synergy with the other songs we acquire.

I appreciate the attempt at levity, @Machinehead .
However, you overlook ---
banner by bernmeister, as you see above but in the mp3 performance featuring an instrumental bridge which salutes the courage of the brave as they endure the bombardment of Fort McHenry,
is like
a(n) effin McDavid level asset.

No gain possible from trade.

In support of that, I tender this professional opinion...
which was generously supplied as to a demo of my final, not the actual final.

Attachments

• MirandaCard.pdf
    226.5 KB · Views: 2
Reactions: Thirty One

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple

I believe there is a scene in the movie Revolution starring Al Pacino that depicts the telling of how on Evacuation Day -- I think sometime in October -- the last of the British troops left NYC, one of the very last of their exits. A modern flagpole stands in lower Manhattan near where this was. In the movie a young Mr. Van Arsdale, I believe, scurried up a greased flagpole where the losers left a Union Jack as a middle finger defiant gesture. I forget if supposedly he only cut the British flag off and instantly torched it, or dropped his drawers and disgraced it first.

If you come to NYC and I am available I will show you the place/flagpole to which I am referring.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->