GDT: Happy 3rd Anniversary Bruins Fans!

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
3 years ago today we won the Stanley Cup. It was the most agonizing yet magical moments ever (at least in my lifetime).

I started this thread to not only celebrate that moment but also to bring some happiness and hope to this place.

I can't wait to celebrate like that again next season! :stanley:

iphone316_zpsc141e834.jpg

eightspokedb

pickee chickadee
Sponsor
Jul 17, 2002
cave of caerbannog
Visit site
I remember making myself NOT think of the game upcoming that night - because everytime I DID think about it I got sick to my stomach.

Gametime I had the TV on muted with Goucher and Beers on XM - in bed with the covers over my head - had the radio synced a few seconds ahead of the game so if anything good happened I could pull down the covers -

afterwards I celebrated with a glass of Carolans and stayed on this board all night -

Woo Hoo!!

What a great night!!!

SoldiersOfFilth

Hamildone with Neely
Dec 28, 2013
Near Olympia
I had to work that night. Got to work, boss took one look at me and said "Go home, tomorrow's your birthday and tonight is that big game right? Go and spend it with your family." I still owe him to this day haha. Next day, for my birthday, we all wore Bruins jerseys and went out to eat.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
I remember not being hyped for the game because i was waiting for my mark for my high school physics class. I was right on the edge of failing and i needed it to graduate.

I got my mark (which was a pass. Barely, but for someone who wouldn't need Physics in college i was happy) that day, and then celebrated the first championship any of my teams had won while i was alive.

Hopefully it's not the last one.

Dreghorn2

He's a Good Boy!
Feb 8, 2005
So awesome, thanks for the three year reminder i forgot the exact date.

The thing that most stands out in my memory is how calm i was, (very very unusual for me, i go way back and have experienced all of the heartache since the early 70s) yet i was extremely confident they were going to win that game.

All the hatred and anger of that series subsided and i was in a total zen like groove for the whole game, it was an unforgettable experience.

Loved it!

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island
I had expected game 7 to be a game where the Bruins struggled to score but Thomas kept them tied and into OT.

While what we got might have been a bit anti-climactic, it probably saved a couple of years of my life.

What an incredible summer that was. Hopefully we get there again next year.

Paddington

Mar 8, 2011
Toronto
What a memorable run that was. I remember getting trash talked by several coworkers, especially when the Bruins went down 0-2 vs both the Habs and Canucks. I also remember thinking Thomas gets too caught up in the emotions of big games to be successful in the playoffs. I remember a cop letting me off after being pulled over for speeding when he saw me wearing my Bruins hat and t-shirt. I was speeding home to catch game 1 vs the Flyers. He told me to watch my speed so I could get home safely and watch the game. I remember my friends asking me what it feels like to see your team in the finals (they're all Leafs fans). I have seen the Jays win back to back titles, the Bucs win a Super Bowl, Serbia/Yugoslavia win a few World Basketball Championships as well as a few more Euro championships but finally witnessing the Boston Bruins win a Stanley Cup was, by far, the greatest moment for me as a fan of sports teams that I support.

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
I was a basket case the entire game didn't really relax until we made it 4-0.Watch that game again,Bruin fans and tell me you want to trade Brad Marchand.

gvkmedia

Let’s fight through this….
Mar 2, 2002
Kingsville
www.hollandbloorview.ca
My wife will never let me forget how disappointed she was in me.
I just sat there stunned. After Marchand's goal - no leeping in the air - pumping my fist - nothing. I just sat there like a bump on a log.

She couldn't believe it. After all these years - cheering like a madman and to have the ultimate prize finally won....

I teared up and cried when my daughter phoned me about 15 minutes into the celebration. She was whooping it up and yelled over the phone - WE DID IT... FINALLY!!!

It we are lucky enough to do this again - I'm all over it this time. My neighbours will know. I'm ready. Can't wait for next year.

SoldiersOfFilth

Hamildone with Neely
Dec 28, 2013
Near Olympia
I had expected game 7 to be a game where the Bruins struggled to score but Thomas kept them tied and into OT.

While what we got might have been a bit anti-climactic, it probably saved a couple of years of my life.

We won game 7 4-0, shutout

Era of Sanity

Certified Poster
Nov 12, 2010

Before the game I was thinking it would go into overtime and I wouldn't be able to handle it. I wouldn't have been able to watch, I wouldn't have been able to not watch, a total basket case.

That summer was awesome, I had like a positive buzz about me that last for weeks after we won. I guess I take it too seriously, haha. Winning the cup felt even better than I imagined it would.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
I was a wreck until Bergeron scored the third goal. The way he did it I knew the Canucks couldn't recover, he broke their backs with that goal.

When time finally ran out in the third I was yelling & crying at the same time. I just couldn't believe they had done it. 39 years. 39 years of frustration, anger and disappointment. All gone just like that. It was an incredible feeling.

:)

WickedBruinsGirl

May 1, 2003
Cambridge
Went into Boston the day of the game to get the series puck at the Pro Shop - a tradition started way back when I became a fan - but the Fan Zones were all sold out during the series. I was a little superstitious too as I had a series puck from each series that playoffs. Grabbed the puck and the TD Garden area was so crowded by 5. Boss gave me the night off so I watched at home with my mom. :)

Popped champagne, pulled an all-nighter and went into town 3 years ago today to welcome the Champs home. Had breakfast in the North End with a friend and saw Ference in Fanueil Hall.

There were sooo many all-nighters during those playoffs. I'm shocked I didn't sleep a full week after. :laugh:

RustyBruins72

Jul 29, 2005
I should have been nervous but I wasn't.

I was convinced they wouldn't win game 6 after losing game 5. After they won 6 the thought in my head was "They only have to win one now." and then Bergie scored early and then when they went up 2-0 I cracked another beer and waited for the end. I lost it when CBC showed Mark Recchi's family. (He has 2 girls the same age as mine). I said "That's Mark Recchi, he's playing his last game cause they're going to wi...........*TEARS** win the Stanley cup." That's the moment it hit me. 39 years. My whole life. The wait was over. I mean I still can't believe they did it.

I had 3 shots of crown royal whiskey to go with my 7 king cans of beer. I celebrated with my girls.

I went to the hall of fame that fall and got to meet Stanley and the last team to win on the cup was the Bruins. Too cool.

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
I was a wreck until Bergeron scored the third goal. The way he did it I knew the Canucks couldn't recover, he broke their backs with that goal.

When time finally ran out in the third I was yelling & crying at the same time. I just couldn't believe they had done it. 39 years. 39 years of frustration, anger and disappointment. All gone just like that. It was an incredible feeling.

:)

Yeah, but it was a distinct punching motion. ;)

I was supposed to work that night but one of my coworkers volunteered to work for me, God love him. I wasn't really nervous because I just had that feeling they were going to do it. When the game ended I went out on my front lawn and screamed my head off. :)

Got up at 3 a.m. to make the parade, the first (and probably the last) one I'll ever attend. What a day that was.

member 96824

Had a 10 bedroom beach house for the week in Narragansett....so we spent the day at the beach, bought a big celebration bottle of champagne before the game that I still have through all the moves. Ran out on the lawn after popped it, and then headed to the bar. Cigars everywhere in this bar that was non smoking.

I remember after losing game 5 just continuing to say "it's alright, Bruins in 7" (probably the rum talking).

What a fun time that series was.

TMac21

Save us Sweeney
May 21, 2003
What a ride, I have never wished for anything as hard in my life as for the Bruins to win Game 7. Hope they can make another long run next year, it's a blast.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
I was convinced after game 5 they had the cup won. Boston was so close I taking games 1, 2 and 5, and won 3 and 4 convincingly. There was no way they were losing game 6, and I felt confident they would carry the mojo out West.

Of course I had some game 7 jitters, but that's to be expected. That was a Great summer cuz it was a normal summer but without that bitterness of defeat. I miss it

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
I remember how happy I was the next day bringing all my Bruins gear to work to celebrate with pics with a couple other Bruins fans in an office filled with mostly habs fans.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad