Hansen collapsed on the bench (Saturday)

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008

Hansen collapsed on the bench
Not sure what is going on with Janick Hansen, He collapsed the other night, and apparently looked fine.

B5gHO7NCEAE1LFP.jpg:large

I really worry that we are not getting all the information here, and this could be more serious then originally expected.

Hope he is gonna be alright.

Last edited:

Snakepit

Nov 19, 2013
Surprised he's not cleared to play. Looked like he just got the wind knocked out of him. Hope everything is okay and they're just being cautious.

bhawks1399*

Could be another peverley if he has serious heart issues. Hopefully its nothing bad. Hansen's a good player

RECCE

The Dog House
Apr 29, 2010
Margaritaville
*Not in the medical profession whatsoever*

Looked like he took a pretty descent hit to the chest area.

I'm wondering if that hit to the chest/sternum caused an atrial fibrillation/Commotio cordis in his heart, thus causing the collapse?

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
*Not in the medical profession whatsoever*

Looked like he took a pretty descent hit to the chest area.

I'm wondering if that hit to the chest/sternum caused an atrial fibrillation/Commotio cordis in his heart, thus causing the collapse?

Well originally everybody thought he just got winded, but if that's the case, he should be fine now.

Maybe it is just that they are taking extra care with him just encase.

I see no issues with him sitting a few games

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
it was absolutely terrifying to see on tv the other night. you could see it on the faces of the players on the bench too; they could barely play the rest of the game. bieksa left the bench to check on him.

really hoping it was nothing. and i don't even necessarily care about hansen coming back into the lineup, though i am a fan of his. hate to see this happen to anyone, obviously, but jannik plays so hard for us; hard not to be extra concerned for him.

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007

update, or conflicting info?

EDIT: ah, the timestamp is earlier than the canucks PR post, so this pap was probably wrong.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->