Injury Report: Hank Injured During World Championships

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
4-6 weeks recovery time is fine, considering camp isn't for another 2.5 months or so.

Team doesn't expect it to be a problem, so no reason to be concerned.

It's just a sprain.

Really makes his performance in the gold medal game that more incredible.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
I said this during the tournament and I had posters telling me he always wraps his leg up like a mummy :rolleyes:

So much for Hank saying he was going to prepare for next season like he's never done before.

Luger

Aug 21, 2016
Clearwater, FL
At this age, Hank needs to end his international career if he wants productive years in the NHL ahead. Playing a lot results in injuries at his age.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
At this age, Hank needs to end his international career if he wants productive years in the NHL ahead. Playing a lot results in injuries at his age.

He's already acknowledged that this was probably his last chance to play for Sweden. Several times.

Also, I'm sure he's more aware of medical risks than any of us are.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
As long as it doesn't linger into next season, its not that big of a deal for the Rangers. Must suck for Hank getting injured right at the end of the season though. You'd like to go into your offseason preparing fully for the next season, and not recovering from an injury.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Wear and tear is starting to show on Lundqvist. The hip injury in March. The knee injury. He will be 36 years old. He was up and down last season. This is the guy the Rangers are pining their hopes on? We have seen his best days.

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
I'm not as cutthroat as some other fans. I'm rooting for the organization to build a team that can carry him as much as he's carried them the past decade plus. I'm not ready to move on.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
Wait what did I miss?

Pic?

final1.jpg

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
Really not bothered by the fact he played in the tournament or played through it hurt. It's the summer, he's got plenty of time to recover and if it was that serious I'm sure he would have shut it down. I've also come to the realization that the vast majority of the regular season doesn't matter. As long as he's hitting his stride in play and healthy by the time April rolls around then that's all that matters. He should be in the 55ish game range next year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->