Proposal: Hanifin to Chicago

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
If I was putting draft pick value on Hanifin I would probably say 3 or 4 in this draft

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Dont think the Canes will be interested in a draft pick for him

Probably want a good young forward that'll be on their NHL team.
...which I would think means that it's not just dependent on Carolina actually having won the 1st overall, but also dependent on who's available at that pick.

Reactions: Surrounded By Ahos

Chan790

Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Bingy town, NY
...which I would think means that it's not just dependent on Carolina actually having won the 1st overall, but also dependent on who's available at that pick.

The Canes need is for a franchise F. If we win the lottery...we're moving something from our D strength for the best young F we can get, not a pick.

Cardiac Jerks

Asinine & immoral
Jan 13, 2006
Long Sault, Ontario
No interest at all. We’re trying to be better right now - not in 3-5 years. If Hanifin is moved it’s for a good forward who contributes now. Whoever we pick at #8 won’t help us for years.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
No interest at all. We’re trying to be better right now - not in 3-5 years. If Hanifin is moved it’s for a good forward who contributes now. Whoever we pick at #8 won’t help us for years.
no offense at all, but not sure how up on this draft you are - definitely a few names in that 7-10 range that could jump right in the NHL next year. Not a guarantee but Bouchard and Dobson at 8 are both players who can make the NHL out of camp...and at worst you wait 2 years to get a player as so many of these kids will be turning pro after this coming season, solid top 10 here, I personally wouldn't move #8 overall for Hanifin and I love Noah...what you could get at #8 this year can be a franchise changer.

bluedevil58

Oct 19, 2017
no offense at all, but not sure how up on this draft you are - definitely a few names in that 7-10 range that could jump right in the NHL next year. Not a guarantee but Bouchard and Dobson at 8 are both players who can make the NHL out of camp...and at worst you wait 2 years to get a player as so many of these kids will be turning pro after this coming season, solid top 10 here, I personally wouldn't move #8 overall for Hanifin and I love Noah...what you could get at #8 this year can be a franchise changer.

We are at least #3 maybe 1 or 2...

Cardiac Jerks

Asinine & immoral
Jan 13, 2006
Long Sault, Ontario

We’re already deep on d and this proposal was based off us winning first overall and drafting Dahlin as well.

Makes no sense to trade Hanifin for #8 just to draft another defensive prospect.

Hanifin goes for a young forward if he goes at all.

Reactions: Surrounded By Ahos

AuraSphere

Jun 27, 2012
The only thing that makes sense is Hanifin for Nylander or Pesce for 2018 1st + Kapanen

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
We’re already deep on d and this proposal was based off us winning first overall and drafting Dahlin as well.

Makes no sense to trade Hanifin for #8 just to draft another defensive prospect.

Hanifin goes for a young forward if he goes at all.

I get it, I think you would move Faulk before Hanifin, I am a big Hanifin fan, I think if you move him now, you guys (your team) will regret it for a decade. He is just starting to come into his own, pay him now on a nice 4-5 year deal and let him prosper there regardless of getting Dahlin or not.

Faulk seems like the guy that can get you want you need, but the Hawks aren't in that position to give you anything outside of Anisimov and Jokiharju/Mitchell for him...

Anisimov is an underrated center, but he isn't a #1 obviously...we need defensive help and Faulk even on a down year cures much of what we desperately need.

AuraSphere

Jun 27, 2012
That second one doesn’t make sense for us. We’re not looking for futures and Pesce is probably worth more to us as one half of our top pairing with Slavin.
Fair enough, just didn't know how to value the 2nd proposal. Despite winning the 2OA pick, would the canes still have motive to move one of their D?

Chan790

Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Bingy town, NY
Fair enough, just didn't know how to value the 2nd proposal. Despite winning the 2OA pick, would the canes still have motive to move one of their D?

Only possibly Faulk, Fleury, or Bean.

Outside chance at Hanifin if someone values him as the 1D he might become and is willing to give up a young elite F for him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad