Proposal: Hanifan for Carlo - Who adds?

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
Logic behind the trade is simple, Boston needs held on the left and Calgary needs help on the right.

Assuming Brodie and Krug hits free agency, this seems like an easy swap.

Calgary:
Gio - Andersen
Valimaki - Carlo
Kylington - ?

Boston:
Hanifan - McCavoy
Gryzelcyk - Clifton
Moore - Lauzon

(Or Hanifan - Krug - Gryzelcyk if Krug comes back)

Downside is of course that Boston's RD becomes weaker now, just using names off the Athletics trade board.

So who adds?

Bond

May 10, 2012
Seems like a decent base at the least. I think Boston adds slightly

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
I think if Hanifan is available , the Bruins should try another package to obtain him . Why strentgthen one position and weaken another makes no sense..........

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
I don’t make the deal from the Boston POV. Noah might be the better all around player, but Carlo is the more rare commodity. Big right handed d-men that can skate are just harder to find than 20-30 point 2nd pairing two way left shot d-men.

Noah might not be the better all around player either. A better puck mover, but softer. And it’s not like he is great offensively. Outscored Carlo by what, two points this year?

Also, the salary difference would hinder Boston in solving issues in the top 6 with a guy of quality.

Just not worth it for the Bruins, but a much better idea than most in the main boards.

kthx

Bedard to Bruins 2023
Apr 24, 2019
Imo its really close to even but hard to see this trade happening.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Both teams keep their own toys.
Also, Calgary doesn't really have a hole on the RHD side, because we only really only have one RHD, signed.

Wait until the Draft/FA to figure out where Calgary goes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad