Proposal: Hampus Lindholm

wraparound

May 17, 2014
Hey, Jackets faithful,

Ducks fan coming in peace. Just wanted to get a feel for what would be a fair transaction that would send Lindholm out East in exchange for Seth Jones. The fancy stats rate Lindholm a little above Jones, as shown by the HERO charts, so would it be fair to ask Columbus to add? Or would a 1-for-1 swap be better?

Just wanted to get some input from you fine folks to get some perspective. We Duck fans are eager for an end to the drama & an improvement to the status quo on defense & I see this as a favorable solution for all parties involved.

HtG

May 13, 2016
Sleep tight pupper
Interesting idea but I think that CBJ is pretty happy with our L/R balance right now and aren't too interested in making a change.

Miggus

Feb 8, 2011
I don't know much about fancy stats, but I'd argue that they favor Lindholm simply because he plays on a far superior team. Regarding the trade proposal, I think I speak on behalf of all of us here if I say that no, CBJ most definitely would not be adding anything to such a trade. I don't think many of us would even entertain the thought of a 1-for-1 swap considering that we traded Ryan Johansen for Jones.

Don't get me wrong, I think Hampus Lindholm is a very good player, but there just isn't a deal to be made here.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
On paper it seems fair but Jones has.not only shown to be a stud in this system but is showing great chemistry with the team. There is just no reason for us to do this when we JUST locked him up to a great deal. I would say no and wish you great luck because I am.personally a fan of many guys you have over there especially Kesler and Silf.

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
No interest in trading Jones (a player we know and have a good contract with) for a player who is currently without a contract and only has slightly better advanced stats on a better team.

Lindholm is good, but we should just keep the player we know and like.

JohnnyJacket13

(formerly PD9)
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Columbus
I don't see any way that the Jackets could acquire Lindholm unless Anaheim is interested in taking back a package that is centered around Ryan Murray and some +'s. We're not too deep at RHD after Jones and Savard, but have plenty of LD in Murray, Werenski, Johnson, Nutivaara, and Goloubef, as well as a good amount of LD prospects (Carlsson, Heatherinton, etc).

Dr. Fire

What, me worry?
Jun 29, 2007
Jacketstown, Ohio
Hey, Jackets faithful,

Ducks fan coming in peace. Just wanted to get a feel for what would be a fair transaction that would send Lindholm out East in exchange for Seth Jones. The fancy stats rate Lindholm a little above Jones, as shown by the HERO charts, so would it be fair to ask Columbus to add? Or would a 1-for-1 swap be better?

Just wanted to get some input from you fine folks to get some perspective. We Duck fans are eager for an end to the drama & an improvement to the status quo on defense & I see this as a favorable solution for all parties involved.

If Lindholm is better then Jones, then why the hell do you want to trade him for Jones. This makes no sense to me what-so-ever.

It tells me you think Jones is better, or has more up-side then Lindholm, so I say no thank you.

Miggus

Feb 8, 2011
If Lindholm is better then Jones, then why the hell do you want to trade him for Jones. This makes no sense to me what-so-ever.

It tells me you think Jones is better, or has more up-side then Lindholm, so I say no thank you.

Probably because of the contract dispute going on and the cap space the Ducks don't have. Lindholm's exact ask is not known but it's believed to be 6+ million, which would force the Ducks to move salary going forward I think. Though I don't understand why trading for Jones would solve anything since the Ducks couldn't fit him under the cap either.

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
Hey, Jackets faithful,

No thank you. I'd rather have Jones. This trade doesn't help us and Jones has already signed a great deal with us.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Lindholm is awesome and I love him, but Jones fits our situation better (hardly surprising, as our current team construction strategy has him as an integral part of the core) and so this doesn't make much sense for us.

Besides, Vatanen and Manson seem to be doing okay at RHD. (I was also going to mention Theodore, but apparently he's not actually a RHD despite what my memory indicated. Whoops.)

major major

Feb 18, 2013
I can't understand why you would trade Lindholm for Jones if you prefer Lindholm, as you say you do.

I personally wouldn't make the swap, from the Jackets perspective, because of 1)upside, 2) handedness, and 3) contract certainty

Lindholm is a bit more established as a #1, but not so much that you couldn't imagine Jones passing him and Jones has a lot of upside left.

Top RHD are significantly harder to get than LHD. We already have Murray and Werenski (and JJ and way more prospects) on the left, just Savard (and Siebenaler and Peeke?) on the right.

Jones has a contract, Lindholm does not.

WannabeFinn

Beloved One
May 31, 2014
Columbus
simulationhockey.com
So CBJ gives up Jones, who's on an amazing contract and gives us perfect L-R balance, for Lindholm?

Talent wise, and value wise, sure. They're pretty similar. But this doesn't make any sense for Columbus.

Dr. Fire

What, me worry?
Jun 29, 2007
Jacketstown, Ohio
Probably because of the contract dispute going on and the cap space the Ducks don't have. Lindholm's exact ask is not known but it's believed to be 6+ million, which would force the Ducks to move salary going forward I think. Though I don't understand why trading for Jones would solve anything since the Ducks couldn't fit him under the cap either.

Ahh, got ya.

Well in that case, it is the Ducks that need to move him, so I would throw out an offer like Savard and a second for him.

What the hell! The pressure is all on the Ducks. The worst they can do is say No.

Hello Johnny

Apr 13, 2007
I think Lindholm is currently the superior player, though not by much. However, Jones holds higher value at present time because he is locked up on a great deal and is a RHD to boot. Huge pass. Why trade a guy who fits with us for a guy who is holding out? Makes absolutely no sense.

Old Guy

Just waitin' on my medication.
Aug 30, 2015
Does anybody know what Lindholm wants?
Does anybody know what the Ducks are offering?

Is it money or is it like that Trouba thing?

Never mind - he signed....

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad