Player Discussion Hampus Lindholm III - the Return/Revenge of the Swede?

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
Everything should be discussed on the roster thread the only reason to bump individuals is like contracts or stuff like that imo
This. The easy way to not have the individual player threads not be an issue is just to not post in them. If you really want to reply to a post, just copy it and put it in the roster thread.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
NHL.com - Stats
Lindholm is 6th in NHL time on ice per game with 25:37 per game.
Only 3 of the top 6 have higher points per game than him.
Fowler is 15th. Manson is 26th. Montour is 39th.

Lindholm is having a career high in both points per game & time on ice per game.
His +/- is taking a beating though this year.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
His +\- will come right as the season progresses. His shot has improved a ton but his transition game hasn’t been as good this season. I’m curious if he keeps up his offensive production.

Deuce22

Jun 17, 2013
SoCal & Idaho
His +\- will come right as the season progresses. His shot has improved a ton but his transition game hasn’t been as good this season. I’m curious if he keeps up his offensive production.

Offensive production depends on PP time. When Fowler returns, I assume Hampus will get the boot.

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
NHL.com - Stats
Lindholm is 6th in NHL time on ice per game with 25:37 per game.
Only 3 of the top 6 have higher points per game than him.
Fowler is 15th. Manson is 26th. Montour is 39th.

Lindholm is having a career high in both points per game & time on ice per game.
His +/- is taking a beating though this year.

he's still too inconsistent with the puck for me to call him a true "#1". However, glad to see Carlyle is treating him like our #1 defenseman and giving the ice time he should be getting.

Trojans86

Dec 30, 2015
When you are on the ice so much your plus minus tends to mirror what the team is as a whole and as a whole we are a big negative. I'm sure it will come around.

Reactions: Anaheim4ever

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
We got an injury thread and a GDT, do we need to bump another thread to say the same thing?

A Lindholm thread can't say he got hurt? I know there are different threads that it can be said in but then what is the point of a player discussion thread if you can't talk about everything to do with the player?

How about if it looks like Lindholm was playing some real good hockey before he went down, is that a thing?

Our best defenseman defensively who also happens to be tied for points gets hurt and it happens while we also have Manson out with injury and made a trade for a defenseman in Gudbranson to help with our weak blueline. The Hockey Gods don't seem to like the Ducks for some reason :cry:

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
A Lindholm thread can't say he got hurt? I know their are different threads that it can be said in but then what is the point of a player discussion thread if you can't talk about everything to do with the player?

There’s not much point in these threads unless there’s actually something actually significant (like a milestone or award nomination) to discuss that doesn’t belong in any of the other threads. Opening up hfboards to see 13 threads being bumped with a single post that has information that’s pasted all over other threads is annoying as hell. It reminds me of when all the Finns would bump the Vatanen thread every time he had a point.

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
There’s not much point in these threads unless there’s actually something actually significant (like a milestone or award nomination) to discuss that doesn’t belong in any of the other threads. Opening up hfboards to see 13 threads being bumped with a single post that has information that’s pasted all over other threads is annoying as hell. It reminds me of when all the Finns would bump the Vatanen thread every time he had a point.

Player Discussion prefix thread is you know a place to discuss things about the player regardless of what it is and allows you to quickly see something someone has to say about that specific player unlike other threads that you have to go through many posts to see if anything is said about the specific player.

I don't like having to read every post to make sure I don't miss anything someone says about a specific player. Posting goal scoring videos,mentioning player injury,talking about player usage, and so on should all be welcomed in a single thread even if it is also in another thread.

Maybe I am in the minority about this I don't know.

Vinegar Strokes

Dirty Ducks
Oct 26, 2006
San DIego
Player Discussion prefix thread is you know a place to discuss things about the player regardless of what it is and allows you to quickly see something someone has to say about that specific player unlike other threads that you have to go through many posts to see if anything is said about the specific player.

I don't like having to read every post to make sure I don't miss anything someone says about a specific player. Posting goal scoring videos,mentioning player injury,talking about player usage, and so on should all be welcomed in a single thread even if it is also in another thread.

Maybe I am in the minority about this I don't know.

I’ll agree with this. It makes it much easier as a casual poster/reader to find the information I’m looking for. I understand that it would be annoying for posters that are heavily involved in the boards but I just can’t dedicate that kind of time. Too many threads get bogged down with discussion (argument).

Yes, I know I can search but I like this better.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
The thing is, unless an injury is career threatening, the discussions always revolves around the impact to the team and what options are available. It's not a discussion about the injured player. It's a discussion about the impact to the team. That's why there is an injury thread and a roster thread.They are team related issues.

These individual threads should revolve around individual awards, career milestones, overall personal accomplishments, and things of a personal but public nature (off ice activities).

It's not at all that difficult to understand what should go where.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Or we can totally ignore the "bump" if there's a repetitiveness in a new post. We have 11 posts (not included this one) created after the injury post. It's surviving because people keep bringing it up. A casual poster won't post-reply about an injury info. I haven't seen one post about the injury directly in this thread from a casual poster. If you ignored the redundancy post here, then the algorithm will push it down. The problem solves its own self by ignoring it.

I'm chiming in now b/c the last 11 posts have been about the redundancy post that's still carrying on today, when the injury post was posted Sunday night (it's near Tuesday noon when I'll post this - note: relative time is Pacific Time, USA).

Anyhow, Lindholm has looked good this season. I hope the consensus say he's a 1D instead of putting Fowler ahead of him all the time. Usually, that's the legacy media and the stats. The eye ball test all points to Lindholm being that 1D. Also, I'm happy to know the org is trying to keep Lindholm and Fowler separated. So putting Guds with Lindholm to keep Fowler in the 2nd pairing is great! We all saw that Fowler as a first pairing defense isn't all that.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Really small sample size but of all dmen who have played over 200 minutes this season Hampus has the third best relative analytics in terms of xGF% and the sixth best relative corsi. All this while playing relatively hard minutes with a third pairing defenseman as his parter.

He's still got consistency issues but in general he looks much better this season than he has in a while. Hopefully he can keep it up and doesn't fade as the year goes on.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad