Player Discussion Hampus Lindholm III - the Return/Revenge of the Swede?

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
For some reason I highly doubt Perry hits the gym from 9:30-1:30 on a "normal gym day",..

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
Will he ever be at an OEL level?
In terms of offensive impact? No, he might top out at around 40 points, but it's tough with at least 2 guys ahead of him for PP time. But as an overall defenseman I'd say they are pretty even, although with that being said, I should admit I'm not a huge OEL fan.

Reactions: Anaheim4ever

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Nothing too interesting
-Normal training day in the offseason is gym from 9:30-1 or 2
-Wants to get stronger/quicker for next year
-Likes Marty Wilford (new assistant) a lot, says he's a positive guy
-Plays FIFA, CoD and LoL
-Kopitar is the toughest player to defend
-Likes the number 47 because it's more unique
-Mentioned Sweden and meatballs quite a bit

I find 47 to be one of the more aesthetically pleasing numbers in most fonts.

Reactions: Kariya 9

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
In terms of offensive impact? No, he might top out at around 40 points, but it's tough with at least 2 guys ahead of him for PP time. But as an overall defenseman I'd say they are pretty even, although with that being said, I should admit I'm not a huge OEL fan.
One thing i noticed is OEL's ice time per game has gone down 4 years in a row while Lindholm's ice time has gone up. Lindholm might be a guy who takes longer to reach his peak years.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
My only issue with him this season is sometimes he handles the puck like it’s a grenade and bobbles simple passes where as other times he’s really smooth and makes great tape to tape passes and plays. If he can sort that it will go a long way in pushing himself into that top 15 group in the league. I wouldn’t read much into production at this point it’s a really small sample size.

But yeah it’s early on but this seems to be the year Carlyle has decided he is going to be leaned on not only in terms of matchups but also ice time. Last year he took the toughest matchups but was only playing 22-23 mins per night this season he’s leading the team in ice time and taking the toughest assignments. We will see if that continues or if his usage goes back to the 22-23 he’s accustomed to.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
My only issue with him this season is sometimes he handles the puck like it’s a grenade and bobbles simple passes where as other times he’s really smooth and makes great tape to tape passes and plays. If he can sort that it will go a long way in pushing himself into that top 15 group in the league. I wouldn’t read much into production at this point it’s a really small sample size.

But yeah it’s early on but this seems to be the year Carlyle has decided he is going to be leaned on not only in terms of matchups but also ice time. Last year he took the toughest matchups but was only playing 22-23 mins per night this season he’s leading the team in ice time and taking the toughest assignments. We will see if that continues or if his usage goes back to the 22-23 he’s accustomed to.
I don't think endurance is really an issue with Lindholm.... and I think RC should have done this a while ago.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Some of those assists have been pretty fluky to be honest. I want to see him be more aggressive offensively and not bobble the puck all the time.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
I think its also like he was a tiny bit unlucky in the past on getting secondary assists.
With how he's always been a positive +/- he was due for a year where secondary assists start happening more often.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Yeah he doesn`t appear to be an offensive driver
No 19 year old other than McDavid, Eichel, Matthews types really are. I agree that he hasn't established himself as a consistent force yet. But by the end of the year I think he will be more consistent throughout the game than he is now.

Oh shit, this is the Lindholm thread. I totally thought I was in the Comtois thread. Get me another cup of Joe. Disregard!

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
I think its also like he was a tiny bit unlucky in the past on getting secondary assists.
With how he's always been a positive +/- he was due for a year where secondary assists start happening more often.

You mean like the opposite of Manson last season? Seemed like every game Manson would get a secondary assist that I had no idea he had anything to do with.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
No 19 year old other than McDavid, Eichel, Matthews types really are. I agree that he hasn't established himself as a consistent force yet. But by the end of the year I think he will be more consistent throughout the game than he is now.

Oh ****, this is the Lindholm thread. I totally thought I was in the Comtois thread. Get me another cup of Joe. Disregard!

That’s what happens when you have individual threads being bumped every game on every single player on the roster....

ADHB

Sponsor
Apr 9, 2012
That’s what happens when you have individual threads being bumped every game on every single player on the roster....
Can the mods consolidate some of these threads so they don’t clutter up the board? Or keep them from being created in the first place? It’s fine to have threads for key players but man Rowney doesn’t need his own thread. And if they have them, they don’t need to be bumped with their ice totals after each game.:help:

We manage to find this message board. Think we can find the box scores and video highlights too.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Can the mods consolidate some of these threads so they don’t clutter up the board? Or keep them from being created in the first place? It’s fine to have threads for key players but man Rowney doesn’t need his own thread. And if they have them, they don’t need to be bumped with their ice totals after each game.:help:

We manage to find this message board. Think we can find the box scores and video highlights too.
Everything should be discussed on the roster thread the only reason to bump individuals is like contracts or stuff like that imo

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Best empty net goal i've seen in a long time, he gets the shot thru islanders players off the faceoff, thats like how he gets shots thru traffic.

Reactions: Norduck

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad