Confirmed with Link: Hamonic traded to CGY

13th Floor

Oct 10, 2008
Snow was actually not bad on the trade front.

Grabbed Wisniewski for a 3rd round pick and then flipped him for a 2nd and a conditional 5th.
Grabbed Vis for a 2nd
Flipped AMac for a 2nd and 3rd
Grabbed Halak for a 4th
Grabbed Leddy for 4 prospects who didn't turn out to much (I guess Anders Nilsson being the best of the bunch)
Grabbed Boychuk for two 2nds and a conditional 3rd
Infamous Reinhart for a 1st and 2nd
Eberle for Strome
Hamonic for a 1st, 2nd, and conditional 2nd

Wasn't a fan of:
Nino trade
Vanek trade because I didn't think he'd resign
Smyth trade because I didn't think he'd resign nor was he that great at that time
Vegas expansion draft trade because I didn't think it was necessary

And I guess the jury is out on the JPG trade. The rest seemed pretty minor to me from what I remember.

Edit: Wait I'm a dummy, JPG was obviously Lou. Brain fart.

Last edited:

Thrasymachus

Jul 1, 2018
He’s playing in Finland.
From what I hear he is doing just okay. Has started putting up points after an initially quiet start. The kid has skill but it will take him some time to adjust considering his small frame. Here's to hoping he is a sleeper.

Reactions: BarzyClub

The Real JT

No diving allowed
Jul 2, 2018
Connecticut
Snow was actually not bad on the trade front.

Grabbed Wisniewski for a 3rd round pick and then flipped him for a 2nd and a conditional 5th.
Grabbed Vis for a 2nd
Flipped AMac for a 2nd and 3rd
Grabbed Halak for a 4th
Grabbed Leddy for 4 prospects who didn't turn out to much (I guess Anders Nilsson being the best of the bunch)
Grabbed Boychuk for two 2nds and a conditional 3rd
Infamous Reinhart for a 1st and 2nd
Eberle for Strome
Hamonic for a 1st, 2nd, and conditional 2nd

Wasn't a fan of:
Nino trade
Vanek trade because I didn't think he'd resign
Smyth trade because I didn't think he'd resign nor was he that great at that time
Vegas expansion draft trade because I didn't think it was necessary

And I guess the jury is out on the JPG trade. The rest seemed pretty minor to me from what I remember.

Edit: Wait I'm a dummy, JPG was obviously Lou. Brain fart.
Minor edit but add trading a 3rd round pick to Edmonton for Brandon Davidson in the Loss column.

My recollection is that there were rumors that Edmonton was going to waive him before the trade.

JKP

Sep 19, 2004
Halifax, NS
Snow did some good things as a GM, he was not all bad, this trade was a good example of this. Still it took Hamonic wanting out for it for it to happen. I did look at the Iskhakov pick, I can't say there is really a player that stood out that they should have picked. I may have used the Wilde pick and packaged 2 to move up to get Romanov. But there is no guarantee the Habs would have said yes.
My beef with Snow was always around the coach and development. Thought he was ok on the talent side (esp given the $$ constraints he usually had). We went to the ECFs with essentially Snow’s team. Not saying he’s a great GM, mind you, and glad we have Lou.

13th Floor

Oct 10, 2008
Minor edit but add trading a 3rd round pick to Edmonton for Brandon Davidson in the Loss column.

My recollection is that there were rumors that Edmonton was going to waive him before the trade.

Yup that's fair. I'm sure I may have missed a couple 3rds.

Poliz24

Jun 25, 2012
LI
Snow hit on alot of late round picks. Martin, Cizikas, Lee, Toews, Pelech with Aho, Salo, Otto looking like they can contribute it is nice to see those guys pan out (I am probably missing other players.) Snow's problem was the first & second round. MDC, JHS, Strome- to an extent, Reinhart, Bellows?? Those where big whiffs, but if you look overall with Nelson, Pulock, Barzal Beauvillier, Bailey they are all still Isles and solid contributors. Just wish they handled the Nino & JHS situations better from the get-go.

Reactions: bigtim1988

buud

Ping Pong Predator
Oct 3, 2017
43N -79
Snow hit on alot of late round picks. Martin, Cizikas, Lee, Toews, Pelech with Aho, Salo, Otto looking like they can contribute it is nice to see those guys pan out (I am probably missing other players.) Snow's problem was the first & second round. MDC, JHS, Strome- to an extent, Reinhart, Bellows?? Those where big whiffs, but if you look overall with Nelson, Pulock, Barzal Beauvillier, Bailey they are all still Isles and solid contributors. Just wish they handled the Nino & JHS situations better from the get-go.
honestly, i think it was more to do with our development system. and more to do with the character of the players (which is also a part of the GM's responsibility).

whatever. the ship's trajectory has been corrected. thank you Mr. Malkin!

Reactions: JKP

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad