Proposal: Hamonic to WPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
Assuming Big Buff is done and retires, Jets would have 7.7M available and a need for RHD.
Hamonic, who currently has a 3.857 cap hit, is from the Peg and would likely extend there long term.
This would give Winnipeg just under 4M left for incidentals or to use at the TDL if needed.
What would Calgary want as a return....Just a pick or a prospect + pick?

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Assuming Big Buff is done and retires, Jets would have 7.7M available and a need for RHD.
Hamonic, who currently has a 3.857 cap hit, is from the Peg and would likely extend there long term.
This would give Winnipeg just under 4M left for incidentals or to use at the TDL if needed.
We would want a RH defenseman that can play in our top 4 today.

We're potentially signing Andrew f***ing MacDonald, why would anyone think we are in a position to trade a defenseman?

Reactions: Boomstick

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada

The bolded is not a good place to start this post from.
There are already dozens if not hundreds of posts of hypothetical WPG trading for RHD from Calgary.

Calgary has no reason to be "dumping" Hamonic.
A Flames fan is going to ask for something like Ehlers.
The conversation isn't really going to be productive.

If (big if) Hamonic is a UFA this summer then maybe the Jets have a good chance to sign him but it's far from certain.

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
The Flames will make some big decisions with their defence at the end if this year. Gio is getting older. Brodie and Hamonic are not ufas. They have 3 big developing rfas. From those players they will build their long term top 4. Now is no longer a good time to move Hamonic. And yes, I think he may re-sign in Calgary.

Guffman

Apr 7, 2016
This has been talked to death, I'd prefer moving Brodie + Lucic(1.5M retained) for Little?

So, a rental and the contract disaster of Lucic for Little?

upload_2019-9-29_5-31-24.gif

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
With Calgary being contenders and cap compliant I don’t see them trading anyone unless it’s for an upgrade

Guffman

Apr 7, 2016
I would do hamonic for ehlers but otherwise would rather just keep him for the year.

You would trade a guy with 1 year left on his contract for a proven, young skill player with a good value, 6 year term contract?

Really? Are you sure about that? You’re really putting yourself out there as I am sure a lot of Flames fans would think you’re giving up too much value.

I am very impressed with some of the mover and shaker Flames fans making some verrrry tempting proposals.

I wish Jets fans were this astute.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
We're dong this thread again for how many times now this summer? Summary

Hammer is a 29 yr old top 4 D who is a UFA.

Jets fans want to offer a prospect & pick.

Flames fans want a top six young forward with term.

Brickering ensues, neither side agrees.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
id offer a package with Roslovic, but idk if CGY would accept. Don't think the Jets have the expendable parts for this deal atm

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
You would trade a guy with 1 year left on his contract for a proven, young skill player with a good value, 6 year term contract?

Really? Are you sure about that? You’re really putting yourself out there as I am sure a lot of Flames fans would think you’re giving up too much value.

I am very impressed with some of the mover and shaker Flames fans making some verrrry tempting proposals.

You would trade a top 4 RHD for draft picks and futures when your window to contend is wide open?

Yeah, that’s what I thought. Contract is irrelevant in this scenario. It’s just a polite way to say f*** off he’s not for sale.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012

Well when you are asking a team to toss their season away just to help you, it will take an overpay

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
id offer a package with Roslovic, but idk if CGY would accept. Don't think the Jets have the expendable parts for this deal atm
We wouldn't. Trading a top 4 defenseman puts both Kylington and MacDonald on our roster and possibly MacDonald into playing every night. Sacrificing all defensive depth to help a conference rival would take a MASSIVE overpay

PROMputt

I promise to never forget.
Jan 4, 2008
Lawnguyland
Still think the Islanders are going to have one of Leddy or Boychuck available and would want futures in return(or to a lesser extent Hickey). If they are serious about keeping Dobson up they will have 8 dmen with a couple youngsters in the AHL waiting for a chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad