Rumor: Hamonic to Edmonton?

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC
How did he not sign with Winnipeg? Seemed like the perfect fit for both sides.

As much as I respect Chevy, he is THE definition of conservatism in GM form, occasionally to a fault. There are moments where I want to shake the man and tell him, "MAKE A DAMN MOVE!", though I will say that this is somewhat saved by the fact that the Jets usually draft really well.

Maybe they don’t think he’s very good.

Or alternately, this is what Chevy always does: "Stand pat and rely on the farm".

Last edited:

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
Think it's the best fit for him anyway in terms of what the Oilers need, what Hamonic wants, plus I think he'll kill it in Tippett's system. Also if he gets claimed by Seattle he'll still be close to home.

ConnorMcNugesaitl

Sep 23, 2012
I'd love Hamonic. With Hamonic and Larsson combined that's about a full seasons worth of a solid #4 d who plays physical and kills penalties.

I know someone will mention Bouchard nearly being ready but with Barrie and Bear already on the roster it'd be good to have someone like Hamonic to step in when Larsson gets injured.

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
I’ve yet to read a single Flames fan say they wish they retained him. Kinda hoping we don’t sign him honestly. Larsson, Barrie, Bear and Bouchard on the right side already. The need is at left D

If he took the Bogosian deal I’d be ok with this.

Reactions: TheNumber4

Conbon

Oct 4, 2016
London
I’ve yet to read a single Flames fan say they wish they retained him. Kinda hoping we don’t sign him honestly. Larsson, Barrie, Bear and Bouchard on the right side already. The need is at left D

If he took the Bogosian deal I’d be ok with this.
As a Flames fan I kinda wish we retained him simply because he's a RHD and we will need that desperately when Tanev gets hurt. We need to get Kylington into our lineup somehow but playing him on his offside doesn't seem like the way to do it. Would have to be a sub 1m deal though.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
I think a LHD would make more sense than Hamonic.
LyZwo4B.gif
Hutton or Koekkoek, I guess.

Nurse - Bear
Jones - Barrie
Russell - Larsson
Bouchard/UFA

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
I said in the other Hamonic thread that its a possibility that Edmonton tries to sign Hamonic. Edmonton still needs to improve their defensive depth and an inexpensive Hamonic can do that.

Taytro

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
I'd love Hamonic. With Hamonic and Larsson combined that's about a full seasons worth of a solid #4 d who plays physical and kills penalties.

I know someone will mention Bouchard nearly being ready but with Barrie and Bear already on the roster it'd be good to have someone like Hamonic to step in when Larsson gets injured.

The problem here is Barrie, Bear, Larsson, Hamonic, and Bouchard are all right shot.

Id say Bouchard isn't ready and can play AHL but that still leaves one guy either in the press box or on the left side until the inevitable Larsson injury. Not really a fan of that. I imagine this scenario looks like this:

Nurse-Barrie
Jones-Larsson
Hamonic-Bear

In all honesty its not bad, but I think jd rather a true LHD like Hutton on that bottom pair.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
Hamonic comes with these desireable intangibles:
1)"he battles"
2) "he's a warrior"
3) "you win with guys like him"
I would trade 2 firsts for him this time around

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad