WJC: Hamonic out 6-8 weeks

Kessel>Seguin +

Not Even A Big Fan!!
Sep 16, 2008
Ontario
This is bad. I suspect Pietro will have to become the other shutdown guy, I dont know if they move him with Scandella or not. Tuebert has been very shaky this tourny. Ellis is an offensive guy. I dont think DeHaan is ready for serious 5 on 5 minutes. I think Pietro and Scandella will be out for at least 40 minutes next game.

Scandella Ellis
Piertroangelo Tuebert
De Hann McMillian

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
You do have to wonder....were Lalonde, Olsen and Cuma that bad so that a guy that is not able to play one single shift be better than them?

isles31

Poster Excellont
Feb 19, 2007
LI
meh, canada will blow out whoever they play in the final regardless

this tournament is almost as predictable as women's hockey :shakehead:

yeah, gonna disagree with you there my friend. perhaps canada wins, but was new yrs eve being so close so much of a fluke that youd say the US will be blownout?
im just hoping for a gold medal game that comes somewhat close to that one bc it was an incredibly entertaining and hard fought game. really awesome to watch.
clearly im from the US, but ive got no issues with any country, and i wouldnt mind canada winning. The united states SHOULD have won that game, but canada had an incredible comeback from 4-2 down. Lee has been better this tourney than campbell, so maybe him playing will be the difference...Cant wait!!!

as an isles fan, i was really excited with hamonic's play. It figures that an isles kid gets hurt with the way the team has seemingly been haunted with injuries the past 3 years. Hamonic, along with De Haan, Matt Donovan(USA) and Jyri Niemi(Finland) have had/are having real nice tournaments for the islanders defensive prospects. I hope Travis is ok and back on the ice owning the WHL in no time :)

Last edited:

Davebo*

From TSN...

"The hit on Travis Hamonic was brought up in the IIHF Directorate meeting following the second semifinal game. Team Canada officials asked for supplementary discipline, but have not heard back yet. It remains to be seen if justice will be handed down to Switerland's Jeffrey Fuglister."

http://tsn.ca/world_jrs/feature/?id=12004

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad