ForsbergForever

May 19, 2004
We have the:

Halifax Icebreakers
Toronto Toros
Quebec Nordiks (shudder)
Dallas Americans
Detroit Gladiators

But when is the Hamilton franchise going to reveal the name of their franchise, its not like they have to live up to high standards with the asthetically wanting names impossed by the other Canadian WHA teams.

Duff88

May 7, 2002
Lard_Lad said:
Do they even have an arena lease yet? The last I heard, they were still suing the Bulldogs and the city.

Last I heard, Hamilton were close to have a deal with the Copps Colliseum, but I don't know if anything changed since then...

Lard_Lad

May 12, 2003
Kelowna
Visit site
Duff88 said:
Last I heard, Hamilton were close to have a deal with the Copps Colliseum, but I don't know if anything changed since then...

Was that from a WHA source, or somewhere independent? They've been claiming they're 'close' to deals in a few places that haven't worked out.

Duff88

May 7, 2002
June 11 article

The new WHA has arena agreements in six cities -- Halifax (Metro Centre), Quebec City (Le Colisee Pepsi), Detroit (Pontiac Silverdome), Dallas (Reunion Arena), Orlando (TD Waterhouse Center) and Jacksonville, Fla. (Memorial Arena). Toronto (SkyDome) and Hamilton (Copps Coliseum) are expected to join them once they finalize arena deals.

Lard_Lad

May 12, 2003
Kelowna
Visit site
Duff88 said:
June 11 article

The new WHA has arena agreements in six cities -- Halifax (Metro Centre), Quebec City (Le Colisee Pepsi), Detroit (Pontiac Silverdome), Dallas (Reunion Arena), Orlando (TD Waterhouse Center) and Jacksonville, Fla. (Memorial Arena). Toronto (SkyDome) and Hamilton (Copps Coliseum) are expected to join them once they finalize arena deals.

No news, then - that's been the WHA's standard line for months. Anybody in Hamilton know what's going on? The Spectator's search engine doesn't let non-subscribers check for stories, so I can't tell if anything's been written recently.

dwaynester

May 10, 2004
Southwestern Ontario
No news is good news

There is no progress in the lease negotiations for the Hamilton Franchise. They have no home, and no real hope after the draft.

Goalies: Looks like, if anyone, it will be Dafoe and Blackburn in the Hamilton nets. Dafoe is considered over the hill, and Blackburn could be odd man out with the Rangers, now that they have Montoya in the fold. Potvin was the third goalie taken, but I think you will see him in the NHL as a #2 somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad