GDT: Hamilton vs St-John

Status
Not open for further replies.

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
5 pts in 22 games? that is brutal.

Don't make it worse than it actually is, he has 6 points ;)

The chances are there, he just doesn't bury them. Lefebvre had a press conference with Langevin after tonight's game and was saying it was a rough way back in the lineup for him, because an ankle injury is never easy to heal, and you don't really have confidence in your ankle at first, so he had to work on that.

He now hangs onto the puck a bit longer and has more confidence with it and the chances are coming, he still has trouble to produce but it will eventually go in. He's apparently frustrated about it, which is only normal. But Lefebvre doesn't seem worried one bit for him.

Geester76

Mar 16, 2007
You mean Lebust territory. :sarcasm:

Anyway I'm far from the biggest Leblanc believer out there but Hamilton's entire offense sucks this year, only Gallagher has really lived up to expectations (maybe Holland depending on how low the bar is, but Holland and Leblanc are actually having somewhat similar years in their inconsistency)...it's hard to determine where exactly the blame lies. It might just be that these guys aren't very good, but you can also fault the coaching and failure of veterans to ever carry the team offensively. If Geoffrion didn't get injured and Palushaj didn't completely suck, who knows.

I heard Leblanc invest in real estate in Hamilton because he might stay there a while he want to profits from HF Boards publicity and call it Lebust territory :sarcasm:

Who want to settle in.

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
Not convinced about his offensive upside - but then again the few prospects who have showed offensive upsides besides Gallagher who haven't been extremely up and down - Leblanc and Holland come to mind, both look like NHLers one shift and ECHLers the next. But Bournival hasn't shown much scoring ability at this level. But he's intelligent so who knows.

Either way Bournival will be a nice asset on the bottom 6 someday. Looks like a future 3rd liner to me.

Great minds think alike they say? ;)

He's not the most creative offensively, but he'll be a good 3rd liner for us down the road.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Bournival had always reminded me of Dominic Moore - good speed, good offence for a bottom 6 guy, smart, great defensively, good forecheck, incredible positioning and a non-stop work ethic.

Talks to Goalposts

Apr 8, 2011
Edmonton
You mean Lebust territory. :sarcasm:

Anyway I'm far from the biggest Leblanc believer out there but Hamilton's entire offense sucks this year, only Gallagher has really lived up to expectations (maybe Holland depending on how low the bar is, but Holland and Leblanc are actually having somewhat similar years in their inconsistency)...it's hard to determine where exactly the blame lies. It might just be that these guys aren't very good, but you can also fault the coaching and failure of veterans to ever carry the team offensively. If Geoffrion didn't get injured and Palushaj didn't completely suck, who knows.

If the Bulldogs had the Marlies kind of depth at forward I'd think he's still rehabbing the legs. He looks like he's got a fraction of the power he had prior to his injury. But a fraction of Leblanc is still one of the Bulldogs' top nine forwards.

Myron Gaines*

Bournival had always reminded me of Dominic Moore - good speed, good offence for a bottom 6 guy, smart, great defensively, good forecheck, incredible positioning and a non-stop work ethic.

I'm not sure he's as good offensively, but I can see the rest.

Gabe84

Bring back Bonk!
Feb 13, 2007
Montreal, QC
Thought he was fine. Was good on PK especially.

I agree. I thought he had a few good shifts. He shoots from anywhere though. But at least he gets the puck on net, unlike most Dogs' players. Langevin mentionned during the game that Louis tends to push the puck too far ahead of him when he skates with it and it's true that he does that once in a while. Kind of weird. He has 0 confidence at this point. Also, I noticed that he tried some really nice plays during the game that his linemates just didn't anticipate. Maybe he'd just look much better with NHL-caliber linemates.

I know some are worried about him, but I'm not. He's had a rough season, but the Bulldogs really are missing a true offensive dynamo. Nobody except Gallagher and Holland looks good offensively, to be honest. And even Holland, while looking fancy with the puck, isn't getting much done on paper. I'm not sure what's going on. Is it a lack of talent or is it the coaching style?

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
I agree. I thought he had a few good shifts. He shoots from anywhere though. But at least he gets the puck on net, unlike most Dogs' players. Langevin mentionned during the game that Louis tends to push the puck too far ahead of him when he skates with it and it's true that he does that once in a while. Kind of weird. He has 0 confidence at this point. Also, I noticed that he tried some really nice plays during the game that his linemates just didn't anticipate. Maybe he'd just look much better with NHL-caliber linemates.

I know some are worried about him, but I'm not. He's had a rough season, but the Bulldogs really are missing a true offensive dynamo. Nobody except Gallagher and Holland looks good offensively, to be honest. And even Holland, while looking fancy with the puck, isn't getting much done on paper. I'm not sure what's going on. Is it a lack of talent or is it the coaching style?

I still think a big reason is because they're rookies and not high end enough prospects to be consistent off the hop, at least in the case of our forwards. I'm sure they'll production will increase significantly by next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->