Hamilton Vs Siemens Vs Murphy

leafsfuture

Mar 30, 2008
Mckenzies analogy for the top 3 D last year kinda works:
Murphy is like fireworks
Hamilton like like a computer
Siemens is a rock.

I get Siemens has a little more offence than Gud, and Hamilton is more physical than Gormely, but its relaly a principal of Offence vs Defence vs Two-way

Ward Cornell

Dec 22, 2007
I've got a question, who do you think is better. Fowler or Murphy? Don't want to start a new thread to ask. But everything I've heard about Murphy reminds me of what I've heard about Fowler last year.

Murphy basically has better skills across the board. (and yes Fowler is very skilled)
As for size....yes Murphy is small but Fowler is bigger but plays small.

Zeroknowledge*

Hamilton, IMO has the most chance to bust and be a bottom pairing D-man. Siemens at worst will be a solid #4 and Murphy will be deadly on the PP while playing second pairing ES minutes.

Qvist

Apr 14, 2009
Hamilton, IMO has the most chance to bust and be a bottom pairing D-man. Siemens at worst will be a solid #4 and Murphy will be deadly on the PP while playing second pairing ES minutes.

How's that? Hamilton seems a quite complete package, with unusually low bust potential - if there's a concern, it would rather be if he has the kind of talent to be more than merely solid, no? Siemens seems to me a far more risky type of player, with significant areas of his game apparently underdeveloped or inadequate.

Qvist

Apr 14, 2009
I am so torn between Murphy and Hamilton. At first I was completely for Hamilton but after keeping a close eye on Murphy, he is starting to become my first choice but I really can't decide.

I wish I could draft both because that would be one hell of a pairing.

I feel strongly that Hamilton's offense will translate to the NHL and he will be a 40-50pt gorilla who can do everything.

"Gorilla" is an unfortunate metaphor for a good defenseman.....

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010

I'm with Qvist on this one. Howso? Hamilton seems like the player of these three that has the least chance of busting. He's big, plays physical, is very good in his own end, and is extremely smart with the puck. Whether or not he ends up translating his offence to the NHL I can't see him being any worse than a top 4 D.

Jayevs

Formerly avsman
Jul 29, 2010
Id take Hamilton, he is the only one i cam see becoming a true #1 however i can see the other two being top pairing guys
Hamilton great defensivly while puttin up to 70 points
Murphy will run the best pp in the league while being ppg and make players better around him
Siemens will be an absolute defensive beast One of the best in the leaguebwith a mean streak and be able to put up numbers comparable to zdeno charas

Oroku Saki*

Id take Hamilton, he is the only one i cam see becoming a true #1 however i can see the other two being top pairing guys
Hamilton great defensivly while puttin up to 70 points
Murphy will run the best pp in the league while being ppg and make players better around him
Siemens will be an absolute defensive beast One of the best in the leaguebwith a mean streak and be able to put up numbers comparable to zdeno charas

You're severely overestimating their potential.

Hamilton seems like he could put up 40-60 pts.

Murphy 50-75

Siemens 25-40

Qvist

Apr 14, 2009
Well, all of the projections bandied about here must at least be considered best-case scenarios. Reasonable expectation would IMO be for Hamilton to become a solid top 4 defender, and for Murphy to become an offensive impact player who runs some team's power play.

In my opinion, it's nonsense to say that Siemens will become a defensive beast in the NHL. He has a lot of development to do before he reaches that level, and that's the kind of development that isn't as easily projectable as skills - it requires an overall maturity in your game that may or may not come and no one at this stage can know with any reasonable certainty if it will. It doesn't sound to me as if he's close to that point yet, which makes him more a "good tools" kind of prospect perhaps?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->