GDT: Hamilton Vs San Antonio

Status
Not open for further replies.

PricePkPatch*

What happened to this team? They had strong junior prospects; Gallagher, Ellis, Holland, Beaulieu, Tinordi.. and even a freakkin' proven NHLer in Leblanc.

What happened?!?! :cry:

hogtownhabsfan*

Beaulieu and Tinordi have both a long long way to go... Cant stand Beaulieu's non-chalence (blind passes and soft plays) and Tinordi looks quite lost on the ice lately.. :shakehead

Agree about Beaulieu, disagree big time regarding Tinordi. Dude is a rock, and probably the Dogs best player already...

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
What happened to this team? They had strong junior prospects; Gallagher, Ellis, Holland, Beaulieu, Tinordi.. and even a freakkin' proven NHLer in Leblanc.

Very green team. Little solid and effective veteran presence coupled with little guidance and questionable decision making behind the bench make for a bad recipe.

Analyzer*

Aside from Leblanc, all those players need seasoning in the pros.

Leblanc needs refinement.

Players to help get seasoning and refinement are: Kyle Hagel, Zach Stortini, Frederick St-Denis, Blake Geoffrion, Aaron Palushaj and players like Nattinen and Dumont can help a little.

Basically, no one is really there to help and they've got a Pejorative Slur as a coach.

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003

junior prospects typically struggle when they first come to the AHL and Leblanc is not a proven NHLer...........sounds like an answer to me :)

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
A positive from this.

Tinordi was +2
He's been +6 in his last 13 games after starting the season -9 in his first 11 games. Not bad considering the team averages just a little above 2 goals/game and over 3 goals against/game and he plays tough minutes.

Beaulieu has 8 points in his last 10 games and has shown more confidence with the puck and flashes of more to come IMO.

zzoo

Mar 9, 2004
Grrrrr, I just checked the standing, Dogs are beaten by one of the worse team, and on home ice.

hogtownhabsfan*

Maybe not the best player, but I have very little to complain about in his case.

He's doing the best in his role on the team. Everyone else is either miscast or simply not ready (for the most part at least).

He's the shutdown guy, and has a letter on his sweater already. I'm impressed with his progress.

I think for him he just really needs to fill out and get bigger/stronger and more confident playing against men.

NewHabsEra*

A positive from this.

Tinordi was +2

Ellis is playing better lately, I think Tinordi's timing has been quite off last 2 games.. On one play in particular he picked the wrong side of the net to chase the puck.. Maybe he is playing too much but he seems to have alot of up and down..

Myron Gaines*

Tinordi = fine

Leblanc = A mix of being mis-used, linemates who aren't in the same mold hockey sense-wise, coming back from an injury, lacks a bit of pepper in his angus.

Beaulieu = Good offensive display, but still too many brainfarts, lacks a bit of pepper in his angus sometimes.

Gallagher = Amazing work ethic, great consistency in his game, but not enough to carry the load offensively.

Ellis = Is getting there.

Bournival = I forgot he played for the bulldogs during the last two games.

Dumont = Liking his intensity and gritiness, but dat dere lack of size tho'.

Lefebvre = I think people are being a bit too hard on him. There's a lot of questionable decisions, but his roster is so green. We need to be patient with the rookies and the coach who is coaching them

Bergevin = Not sure if I like the "Let's not provide them with veteran impact to make them better" philosophy. I might be wrong, but I'm not liking a bunch of rookies in pro hockey coming into the rink with the "not to lose the game" mindset.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Bergevin = Not sure if I like the "Let's not provide them with veteran impact to make them better" philosophy. I might be wrong, but I'm not liking a bunch of rookies in pro hockey coming into the rink with the "not to lose the game" mindset.

I don't think he minds having veterans, Stefan Chaput, Mike Commodore and unfortunately Kyle Hagel and Zack Stortini play significant amount of minutes when healthy. I just don't understand why he couldn't get players that'll provide more of an impact with all that icetime.

Habnot

Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Tinordi = fine

Leblanc = A mix of being mis-used, linemates who aren't in the same mold hockey sense-wise, coming back from an injury, lacks a bit of pepper in his angus.

Beaulieu = Good offensive display, but still too many brainfarts, lacks a bit of pepper in his angus sometimes.

Gallagher = Amazing work ethic, great consistency in his game, but not enough to carry the load offensively.

Ellis = Is getting there.

Bournival = I forgot he played for the bulldogs during the last two games.

Dumont = Liking his intensity and gritiness, but dat dere lack of size tho'.

Lefebvre = I think people are being a bit too hard on him. There's a lot of questionable decisions, but his roster is so green. We need to be patient with the rookies and the coach who is coaching them

I still can't get my head around some of the posters that analyze the Bulldogs based on winning games. Save that for the Habs, who should be judged on wins and losses. If our organization would of done a proper job in development, we wouldn't have a farm team in which all the main players are rookies or sophomores.

In previous years, the Bulldogs had the reverse, good AHL vets, little rookies in impact positions and maybe we won more, but it never benefited the NHL club. We now have 12 players in their first or second years, player that have talent, that will be able to step up to the NHL club in 2-3 years. That's the proper way to build an organization. Enough patchwork in the NHL, and enough graduating players before they are ready.

Also - don't discount the roles that Geoffrion and Palushaj we supposed to play on this team. They were both penciled first line duty.

domdo345

Jun 4, 2008
I still can't get my head around some of the posters that analyze the Bulldogs based on winning games. Save that for the Habs, who should be judged on wins and losses. If our organization would of done a proper job in development, we wouldn't have a farm team in which all the main players are rookies or sophomores.

In previous years, the Bulldogs had the reverse, good AHL vets, little rookies in impact positions and maybe we won more, but it never benefited the NHL club. We now have 12 players in their first or second years, player that have talent, that will be able to step up to the NHL club in 2-3 years. That's the proper way to build an organization. Enough patchwork in the NHL, and enough graduating players before they are ready.

Also - don't discount the roles that Geoffrion and Palushaj we supposed to play on this team. They were both penciled first line duty.

Exactly, this is a development league. The only thing that matters about winning, is playoffs experience. At this point you need to evaluate them as individuals rather than at a global scheme. Beaulieu is talent wise, above anyone else on this team. Teams are starting to adjust game plans to him. Notice how he is ALWAYS covered now and how the other pointer with him is free. He's been playing great and other teams have picked up on this fact. It will just be harder for him but also a good test.

Gallagher has improved his speed and his shot. In not even half a season. Not bad some would say. I don't know how we can ask more of Gally. The only reason he does not have more points/goals is because of his supporting cast.

Tinordi has already greatly improved his puck control skills. Less chip it on the glass and more tape to tape passes. Notice how all his wristers from the point hit the net. Tinordi now >>> Tinordi game 1.

Leblanc is coming off an ankle injury and has had difficulty using his speed. Ankle injuries are a ***** and can be slowing him down even if he's back on this ice. The jury is still out on him.

Ellis is great all around but if he ever wants to play in the NHL, he's gonna have to be quicker on his skates, improve his puck control and take his decisions faster. Might be a valuable #5-6th for the habs in the future.

That's pretty much my takes on who is a future NHLer. I do not see Holland and Bournival as future NHLers at the moment. Oh, forgot Dumont. I see him in the NHL with 2 big bodies on his line, 3rd or 4th.

Last edited:

Blind Gardien

nexus of the crisis
Apr 2, 2004
Four Winds Bar
One thing I noticed is that San Antonio has added Mottau and Sim? Those are pretty big additions for a struggling team to have landed. Lots of experience there, they should be big factors at the AHL level...

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
One thing I noticed is that San Antonio has added Mottau and Sim? Those are pretty big additions for a struggling team to have landed. Lots of experience there, they should be big factors at the AHL level...

It's something I would like have seen Bergevin do as well. Perhaps it has something to do with the contract limit and it doesn't help that Geoffrion and Palushaj are out (though they had little impact before), but the vets MB has brought in have been more or less crap. The rookies are being left to carry the load. A couple of solid vets up front would go a long way.

Rise from the Ashes

Price defies corsi
Sep 13, 2005
Pointe-Claire, QC
Neg-a-tiv-ity.

Relax. No one thought it was going to be easy for them this year. If you did, you were blinded by prospect hype. I understand how some of you may be frustrated by the coaching staff and the perceived lack of ability to develop our youth. All I have to say is let Bergevin evaluate and deal with the situation. I dont think he is pleased, but I think he knows patience is paramount.

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
Neg-a-tiv-ity.

Relax. No one thought it was going to be easy for them this year. If you did, you were blinded by prospect hype. I understand how some of you may be frustrated by the coaching staff and the perceived lack of ability to develop our youth. All I have to say is let Bergevin evaluate and deal with the situation. I dont think he is pleased, but I think he knows patience is paramount.

Yes well you're not really being patient with a player when you have him a healthy scratch for almost every game. Or maybe I'm wrong? The current staff isn't giving every prospect the chances they normally would have had and it shows. This kind of bias management is what sank the team for the last 10-12 years, so people can't be positive about these signs. Sorry but I'm not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad