Hamilton vs Provorov

Hamilton or Provorov

• Total voters

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Hamilton though hopefully his injury does not limit him when he return. Provorov is a high end number 2 imo while Hamilton is a just outside the top 15 defenseman in the league

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Hamilton is better right now. I’d rather have Provorov on my team. There’s always something wrong with Hamilton keeping him from stringing together a prolonged period of good play with one team. He might be better, but I don’t think it’s by that much that I wouldn’t prefer the certainty of Provorov.

Reactions: Dooble08

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
I'm taking Provorov. Hamilton can be as good as Provorov, or better, but he's too inconsistent. Plus my Sharks need a LHD like Provorov. We don't need Hamilton with Burns and Karlsson, plus Merkley developing.

Sasso09

Jan 2, 2009
Chicago
They're basically even as players, both top 15 #1D imo. If I was forced to pick one to be better today it would be Hamilton. Who to take going forward it would be Provorov due to age, potential ceiling and contract. If Hamilton keeps his pace up he'll be making 9-10 mil AAV 21-22, while Provorov hits for 6.75M until 24-25'

One of the better polls that I expect to be 50/50

Reactions: Nabrules

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
Who doesn't love a good HFBoards showdown?

Seriously though, I'm still firmly in the Provorov camp. I have never understood the hype for Hamilton.

I literally think the same about Provorov. The tools are clearly there, but I've never been that impressed when watching him play.

bov

Nov 13, 2010
Provorov seems to be a bit underappreciated around here. He has been relied upon heavily at a young age playing a very difficult position, and has all the makings of a legitimate #1 d-man for years to come (health permitting) imo. He might not be exceptionally talented or elite at any one thing, but anytime I see this guy play he strikes me as a really well-rounded player and an absolute horse on D.

Hamilton looked dominant before the injury and he is definitely more of an offensive force, but I'm not sure he'll be as consistent moving forward. He may be better at his absolute peak, but for some reason I feel he is less likely to stay there for long. This is also a big injury to come back from.

You can't go wrong but I'd take Provorov.

Reactions: Sasso09

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
I literally think the same about Provorov. The tools are clearly there, but I've been that impressed when watching him play.
Fair enough. :laugh:

Neither player is perfect. I just feel "meh" everytime I see Hamilton. I feel like Provorov is more able to assert dominance and control a game. Hamilton feels like a passenger.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad