Confirmed with Link: Hamilton going to a red team (The F1 Thread)

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
If I'm Horner I'm telling Max that it might not be the end of the world if he happens to spin out and collect Lewis when he's inevitably lapped

Reactions: sheriff bart

Lempo

Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
If I'm Horner I'm telling Max that it might not be the end of the world if he happens to spin out and collect Lewis when he's inevitably lapped
Horner won't risk the team points with such maneuver. The prize monies after the season get determined by the team points.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
The teams care about the team championship over the driver championship by large margin. 0 points instead of 19 or what doesn't sparkle joy for them.

The team order would be to slow down and keep Verstappen behind while Ham escapes into the scenery.
Agreed, but it's also the case where they know that the only way that backfires on the team is if Bottas somehow takes out Lewis as well, or somehow fails to take out at least one of the Red Bulls.

Latifi and Russell in the top 10 right now is amazing, we need a Williams points finish

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
The SKY broadcast isn't even hiding that they are openly cheering for Hamilton. It's nauseating

Reactions: DaveG

Lempo

Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
The SKY broadcast isn't even hiding that they are openly cheering for Hamilton. It's nauseating
Well they are Brits, so obviously. Ours guys would sound like they were climaxing when Finn drivers did good.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
Spent so much f***ing time sucking Lewis dick that we have no idea what is going on with the race for the lead.

With 3 laps left, we haven't seen the race for the lead at all between Alpine and Aston. Great job, sky

Lempo

Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
I understand that the video broadcast comes from courtesy of F1 and maybe is directed by a local director, and that the national broadcasters thusly don't have about any control over what is and isn't shown on the screen in the broadcast.

Bunch of Jurcos

The poster formally known as Hedley
Feb 24, 2016
God tier defending from Alonzo. I don't think I've ever seen Ocon win before so if that's his first, congrats!

So is this Mercedes' thing? If they aren't winning run crash the competition? I'm fairly new to F1 but this seems like way more than a coincidence.

Last edited:

Lempo

Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Vettel was disqualified for not having enough (1.0 liters) fuel left in the car after the gran prix.

Many years back, team told Hamilton to turn off the car right after the race so there would be enough fuel left, and he had to push it to the pit.

Reactions: Tryamw and DaveG

sheriff bart

Where are the white women at
Nov 11, 2010
Rock Ridge
Vettel was disqualified for not having enough (1.0 liters) fuel left in the car after the gran prix.

Many years back, team told Hamilton to turn off the car right after the race so there would be enough fuel left, and he had to push it to the pit.
Sucks, but they are only allowed to use a limited amount of fuel, and if he didn’t have enough left, he used too much.

Reactions: Tryamw and DaveG

Bub

I like griping
Jul 5, 2006
Maine
Disappointed to see Merc and Lewis on top again, but not surprised. Now the pressure gets ratcheted up during this "summer break" period.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Man, great start to the weekend for Williams, Latifi into Q2 in P11 and Russell nearly frigin takes pole. Spa's probably my favorite track on the calendar, the weather is always unpredictable and it's just a track that makes for some great racing.

Bub

I like griping
Jul 5, 2006
Maine
Man, great start to the weekend for Williams, Latifi into Q2 in P11 and Russell nearly frigin takes pole. Spa's probably my favorite track on the calendar, the weather is always unpredictable and it's just a track that makes for some great racing.

Rough day for Lando though.

I'm with you: Spa is a wonderful track, always makes for a good watch.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->