Confirmed with Link: Hamilton going to a red team (The F1 Thread)

Ginger Papa

Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.
6EFDFF97-164F-4D5A-9D28-527538045C79.gif

Got me too when I was stopping by to visit. Thought I’d just missed it before. Well done.

Edit: Reading through the Thread, I see I’m in good company
6B87EB0B-8124-4944-95CB-1416C0FD7F87.jpeg

Last edited:

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
While I do agree that both had some blame, Hamilton was the one that should have ultimately pulled back in that corner. My big issue is that a team that was involved in the accident causing the red flag should not be able to affect repairs under the red. That would have been way worse than the 10 seconds
This is why at the very least it should have been a drive-through penalty, and i hate to say it but any other driver and it would have been

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
Last I heard Red Bull is trying to protest that the penalty was only 10 seconds but good luck with that. Not like they're going to dock points this far after the race shy of something leaking along the lines of the Piquet 2008 Singapore incident.
If anything dock the $1.8m from Merc's budget for the rest of the year and don't penalize RB for having a new chassis or engine this weekend and its probably all ok.

But give Hamilton a 5 second stop and go if he so much as breathes on another car on the track the rest of the season.

Reactions: DaveG

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
2 weeks in a row that Mercedes dive bombs their closest competition in Lap 1 to guarantee a win.

Maybe it wasn't completely intentional, but there is no way this is just bad luck.

Just took out Leclerc, Norris, Perez and knocked Verstappen to the back of the grid in the first corner. The precision is... Sketchy, especially when Bottas was accelerating into the corner in wet conditions long after everyone else was braking....

sheriff bart

Where are the white women at
Nov 11, 2010
Rock Ridge
legit wouldn't surprise me after they saw how it worked out at Silverstone
This certainly worked out perfectly for Hamilton and Merc. Perez out of the race for Redbull and Max way down the order with a damaged car. Hamilton in the lead.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
The teams care about the team championship over the driver championship by large margin. 0 points instead of 19 or what doesn't sparkle joy for them.

The team order would be to slow down and keep Verstappen behind while Ham escapes into the scenery.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad