Proposal: Hamilton+ for Connor

Who adds?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryan Michaels

Mar 21, 2017
Pesce is an 80 in NHL 20 so you can have him for like Matthew Perrault straight up.

On a serious note no way should the Jets consider moving Connor. I'd move Laine and lock up Connor for 5-years if it came down to it.

Did someone just use EA sports to show true player value? Get a grip man

Umm no. Poster even said they weren't being serious, I don't how much more clear a joke can be made.

Edit: I now see this has been pointed out multiple times already but this really can't be stressed enough.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Jets fans are awfully cocky about not needing defense considering it just got decimated this summer

Literally not a single Jets fans likely thinks that and not one has said that in this thread. Jets would love to improve their defence, but certainly aren't going to screw themselves by significantly overpaying to get it.......as the poll shows fans from all teams agree (76%+).......no one would give up Connor for Hamilton. That doesn't mean the Jets wouldn't love to improve their defence in a fair trade.......but Connor for Hamilton isn't a fair trade.

Reactions: Aldo Montoya

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Would you do Buff, Little, and a 1st for Aho?
No, but It’s not really apples to apples.

1. Aho can’t be traded this year due to the OS.
2. Aho is a center, Connor is not.
3. Aho had almost 20 more points than Connor last year while being the primary guy on his line.

I agree that the proposal wasn’t good for WPG, but right now, Aho and Connor aren’t comparable. That could change going forward though.

Reactions: SaskCanesFan

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Yep, and the majority of Canes fans, from what I can tell agree. Hamilton is a ufa in two years and that’s a key component.

Agreed

Love to work out a trade with the Canes for one of their D.......but not this specific trade.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Agreed

Love to work out a trade with the Canes for one of their D.......but not this specific trade.
Problem is, you would (rightfully) want on of the guys we wouldn’t want to give up.

Thankfully, the Canes forward depth has improved dramatically so they don’t need to make a trade. With Aho, TT, Nino, Svechnikov, Dzingel, Haula, Staal, and Necas/Foegele, there’s no need to make a F for D move.

Guffman

Apr 7, 2016
Hamilton for Ehlers actually makes a lot of sense now that I think about it.

upload_2019-9-7_22-50-28.gif

Reactions: Total Cure

GaryPoppins

A broken clock is right twice in a day
Sep 10, 2016
Jeta fans can correct me if I’m wrong but I don’t think Connor is going anyway. Value seem fine from my point of view, but after reading Maurice’s interview on the Athletic, I just can’t see them dealing him anytime soon. They seem to really love the kid

Fan fave for sure. Most would hate to see him go. He's got 40 in him.

GaryPoppins

A broken clock is right twice in a day
Sep 10, 2016
Jets fans are awfully cocky about not needing defense considering it just got decimated this summer

Not that were cocky. Our rational is that Myers being over utilized no longer and replaced by Tucker Poolman or Sami Niku is an upgrade and Ben Chiarot was trash anyways. Myers skates fast and is flashy but is a tire fire defensively and had minimal impact on much of anything

Losing Trouba sucks but a) f*** that guy and his shitbag agent and b) It'll be interesting to see Trouba playing without Morrissey. My

John Eichel da GOAT

Oct 7, 2008
I understand not wanting to move Connor, But Hamilton is an incredible dman. Him and Slavin should be the two untouchables for Carolina on the D end. Extend him first chance you get.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Although Hamilton is a great defencemen I don't want him or any part of his family on the Jets.

Zero interest in Dougie even though we could use him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad