Who adds?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
To Winnipeg:
Hamilton
A top pairing defenceman to help stabilize the weakened d, helps maintain 34 year old Buff's minutes to keep him at a high level during Winnipeg's current win now window
Toronto's conditional 1st
to offset the contract lengths

To Carolina
Connor
30+ goal scorer to help turn Carolina closer to being a contender.

Which fan base hates this more?

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
Jeta fans can correct me if I’m wrong but I don’t think Connor is going anyway. Value seem fine from my point of view, but after reading Maurice’s interview on the Athletic, I just can’t see them dealing him anytime soon. They seem to really love the kid

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Zero interest in that deal from a Jets POV, Connor stated multi times he wants to sign long term as a Jet. Connor is 22yrs old two time 30 goal guy about to sign a 6-8 year deal........no GM is trading that for a two years of Dougie H.

Primetime8

Oct 10, 2014
Columbia, SC
I'd consider a connor-pesce swap as a jets fan. Not even positive I'd do it. That should tell you what I think of your offer

Pesce is an 80 in NHL 20 so you can have him for like Matthew Perrault straight up.

On a serious note no way should the Jets consider moving Connor. I'd move Laine and lock up Connor for 5-years if it came down to it.

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
I don't mind it as a Jets fan, like it or not we have a surplus of wingers and a shortage of d-men
Canes might need to add a little but could be the base

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
Jeta fans can correct me if I’m wrong but I don’t think Connor is going anyway. Value seem fine from my point of view, but after reading Maurice’s interview on the Athletic, I just can’t see them dealing him anytime soon. They seem to really love the kid

I understand coaches will have their favorite players. But Maurice is blinded with this (too much) using certain players at will and forgetting its a team game that there are other players.
Maybe that is one of the reason he is what he is, coach with the most losses in the history in the league. Hope im not harsh with my last paragraph but its the way i see how he deals with players.

Dealing Connor would hurt but i'd rather move him to get a top 4, than dealing Laine to get a top 4 dman.

Connor will say he loves it in Winnipeg. Same with Wheeler, as they get the best situation out of all the players with their usage. I cannot imagine them saying anything else otherwise.
Understandably, as a Winnipeg Jets fan i love to hear those.

To make your team better.
You deal a Connor first to get the same type of return before dealing a Laine.
Connor is good player. Him and Laine and Ehlers and Wheeler , makes the Jets top 6 one of the best in the league. Its too bad coach cant or wont split up 55 and 26.

Last edited:

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Talented goals scorers have premium value in the NHL. Connor is going to be one of the best, he's 22, and ready to sign long-term in Winnipeg. It would take a huge offer to pry him away from Winnipeg. Two years of Hamilton and a late 1st is not nearly enough.

mikeyfan

Dec 27, 2018
Faulk, Staal, Toronto's 1st for Laine provided we can sign Laine for 5 years at 10 million a year.

Reactions: behemolari

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
I understand coaches will have their favorite players. But Maurice is blinded with this (too much) using certain players at will and forgetting its a team game that there are other players.
Maybe that is one of the reason he is what he is, coach with the most losses in the history in the league. Hope im not harsh with my last paragraph but its the way i see how he deals with players.

Dealing Connor would hurt but i'd rather move him to get a top 4, than dealing Laine to get a top 4 dman.

Connor will say he loves it in Winnipeg. Same with Wheeler, as they get the best situation out of all the players with their usage. I cannot imagine them saying anything else otherwise.
Understandably, as a Winnipeg Jets fan i love to hear those.

To make your team better.
You deal a Connor first to get the same type of return before dealing a Laine.
Connor is good player. Him and Laine and Ehlers and Wheeler , makes the Jets top 6 one of the best in the league. Its too bad coach cant or wont split up 55 and 26.

Is Maurice really that “blinded” or is it Connor that is simply a better hockey player and deserve the ice time he’s getting?

And in all honesty, could it really just be that Connor is a better overall hockey player at this point than Laine and that with him on the ice, the Jets have more chance to win than with Laine?

Could it also just be that Connor’s competitive level is just a good notch above Laine’s and that it’s the fans that are blinded about their love for a certain player and can’t see the whole picture?

I’m asking because, for me, without a doubt, I take Connor on my team before Laine and I believe Maurice kinda agree with that statement too

Reactions: redwings25

JackFr

Jun 18, 2010
Hamilton for Ehlers actually makes a lot of sense now that I think about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad