Hamilton Bulldogs & Wheeling Nailers 2014-2015 Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brockoli

Jun 24, 2004
I know what he reportedly said is crazy, but it is a bit scary imo.

Just checked out the Bulldogs arena on google street view....

What i see :

-A rundown mall with a subway and a Halal food restaurant you would actually have to pay me to visit.
-Salvation army.
-A church with a homeless person sleeping on the porch (its real check it out)
-Hamilton public library
-1 nice governement skycraper and some nice buildings on kingstreet. that part looks fairly new.
-looked up some places talked about in the cbc comment section...it does like like detroit jr...some kind of industrial wasteland.

Hamilton :

https://www.google.ca/maps/@43.2596...!1e1!3m2!1sKoECLtZq0RpHSJSBlwhuaw!2e0!6m1!1e1

If you want to compare with Färjestad arena :

https://www.google.ca/maps/@59.4084...ata=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1sEOIysvwo5HhaM04YujMvvQ!2e0

Looks kinda boring near the Färjestad arena. Kinda like Canadian Tire Center in Ottawa, literally nothing within walking distance. When I go to a game, I like to make a night of it with friends and hit pub or coffee shop, maybe get some food. I know they have all that in the arena, but I'd still prefer to have places to go in the area.

brockoli

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
I'm really excited with the possibilities of Hamilton making the Calder Cup playoffs and watching our young prospects developing. The offence should be pretty good after their last couple of yrs. losing the best prospects to the Habs, the depth is getting better each of the seasons since Bergevin took over the GM reins. Lots of quality draft picks too see, JDLR, Nygren, Hudon, Bozon, Crisp and the list goes on, it's going to be fun watching the Bulldogs being really competitive again.:nod:

LastWordArmy

Sep 11, 2011
Canada
Oops.

Also I agree with the whole overreaction thing. You know how some journalist are and you know how well google translate can screw up translation.

The CBC's Hamilton office got someone who is a journalist who speaks both English and Swedish and she said the translation was pretty accurate. The "google translate" screwed it up excuse was already shot down.

JAVO16

Sep 21, 2008
Montréal
I know what he reportedly said is crazy, but it is a bit scary imo.

Just checked out the Bulldogs arena on google street view....

What i see :

-A rundown mall with a subway and a Halal food restaurant you would actually have to pay me to visit.
-Salvation army.
-A church with a homeless person sleeping on the porch (its real check it out)
-Hamilton public library
-1 nice governement skycraper and some nice buildings on kingstreet. that part looks fairly new.
-looked up some places talked about in the cbc comment section...it does like like detroit jr...some kind of industrial wasteland.

Hamilton :

https://www.google.ca/maps/@43.2596...!1e1!3m2!1sKoECLtZq0RpHSJSBlwhuaw!2e0!6m1!1e1

If you want to compare with Färjestad arena :

https://www.google.ca/maps/@59.4084...ata=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1sEOIysvwo5HhaM04YujMvvQ!2e0

Just looked at both places. Would prefer Farjestad because it looks more rural, but Hamilton doesn't look bad at all. It looks like a boring downtown, but I wouldn't feel unsafe at all considering we are still in Canada (and considering the stats LWS is presenting).

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
can someone tell me what is the actual line up in hamilton and perhaps a projection with the others to be sent down this week end!?

:hockey:
:cheers:

It's too hard to predict the Lefebvre factor. A guy like Dietz who played well during camp will probably be benched for Finley. Finley will be on the PP.

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
DLR-Hensick-Andrighetto
Bowman-Hudon-Thomas
Sorkin-Macenauer-Holland
Crisp-Dowell-Dumont
Nevins

ECHL: Bozon-Carr-Fournier

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Well, considering my job has me going to the U.S. frequently, it's pretty good. Thanks for asking bud.

wow all the way next door to a country that speaks the same language, must have been tough to be such a world traveler. I am surprised that such an experienced jet setter couldn't find any compassion for a kid that grew up in a same city and clearly was not having a very good time during his first time living in a foreign country.

The CBC's Hamilton office got someone who is a journalist who speaks both English and Swedish and she said the translation was pretty accurate. The "google translate" screwed it up excuse was already shot down.

I call BS, we want the tapes!

can someone tell me what is the actual line up in hamilton and perhaps a projection with the others to be sent down this week end!

It's pointless to project a lineup at this point since we don't even know the full roster yet. But my guess would look like,

Bowman Hensick Thomas
Andrigettho Hudon DLR
Carr Dowell Holland
Crisp Dumont Macenauer/Nevins

Bozon, Fournier

Tinordi Nygren
Bennett Pateryn
Drewiske Dietz
Finley Makowski

Budaj
MacDonald
Condon

Sam I Am

Jul 23, 2003
Visit site
...it's pointless to project a lineup at this point since we don't even know the full roster yet. But my guess would look like,

Bowman Hensick Thomas
Andrigettho Hudon DLR
Carr Dowell Holland

Bozon, Fournier

Tinordi Nygren
Bennett Pateryn
Drewiske Dietz
Finley Makowski

Budaj
MacDonald
Condon

Strengths: goal-tending, toughness (!)
Weakness: goal-scoring
Fearless Prediction: The Bulldogs will once again be hard-pressed to make the playoffs.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
I actually think the top 6 is stronger than it's been since Patches and DD got called up.

Sam I Am

Jul 23, 2003
Visit site
Dog beat the IceCaps 3-2. Goals by Bakker Hudon and Carr

Carr is an interesting prospect.

Still, the Bulldogs did not bring back last year's leading scorer Martin St-Pierre and have once again reloaded with young guys. Hard to win that way in the AHL.

Maybe Bowman, Thomas, Hensick, Pateryn, MacDonald and the like can help the prospects ice a respectable team.

Not sure why Corey Locke was not signed to center the first line. Hewould certainly have helped Thomas way more than Hensick is likely to.

Vi Nc E x13x

Oct 30, 2011
Who Knows
Carr is an interesting prospect.

Still, the Bulldogs did not bring back last year's leading scorer Martin St-Pierre and have once again reloaded with young guys. Hard to win that way in the AHL.

Maybe Bowman, Thomas, Hensick, Pateryn, MacDonald and the like can help the prospects ice a respectable team.

Not sure why Corey Locke was not signed to center the first line. Hewould certainly have helped Thomas way more than Hensick is likely to.

Ghetto/thomas will carry the offence

LastWordArmy

Sep 11, 2011
Canada
Martin St. Pierre may have led the team in scoring last year, doesn't change the fact that the Bulldogs considered him a major disappointment, and he was even made a healthy scratch down the stretch.

There is a good reason he didn't get resigned, and I know he didn't see eye to eye with Lefebvre.

Hensick basically replaces him.

That said I would have rather seen us add, and would have signed Locke rather than Dowell or Macenauer.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Strengths: goal-tending, toughness (!)
Weakness: goal-scoring
Fearless Prediction: The Bulldogs will once again be hard-pressed to make the playoffs.

I would wait and see how the roster shakes out though, as there are still a lot of questions to be answered. If they can get the offense going and if they were to get say Tokarski then I could see them having a solid shot at making the playoffs.

I actually think the top 6 is stronger than it's been since Patches and DD got called up.

perhaps it will be depending on how it shakes out.

Haha, your almost a funny guy.

You asked me how I liked working in another country and I gave you my answer. It's not about being a "experienced jet setter" but I could list all the other places I have been if that would please you.

Poor Nygren, having to leave home and go to a scary place. Maybe he needs a diaper change too. Lots of kids his age in pro sports do this without batting an eye.

By the amount of posts on this site I can see you have a ton of time on your hands and are probably still living in your parents basement and mom still makes you dinner so you have a lot of time in your hands. Not really worth having a further discussion with you regarding this particular subject.

Not sure what the amount of posts has to do since I used to be the longest serving mod on this board as well as covering the Habs for HF, so my post count was very high years ago but I don't post that often these days as I work in investment banking not my parents basement.

It's too bad you fail to see the irony in saying Nygren needs a diaper change when you are "upset" at someone's mean comments about a city.

Fazkovsky

Sep 4, 2013
I think Carr will surprised, he looked good for the little amount of icetime he had he looked energetic and fast.

And I agree I think hamilton needed another high end vet but bowman might help i guess.

MarkovtoSubban

Mar 11, 2009
Toronto
It's pointless to project a lineup at this point since we don't even know the full roster yet. But my guess would look like,

Bowman Hensick Thomas
Andrigettho Hudon DLR
Carr Dowell Holland

Bozon, Fournier

Tinordi Nygren
Bennett Pateryn
Drewiske Dietz
Finley Makowski

Budaj
MacDonald
Condon[/QUOTE]

You always say it's pointless...but then do it anyways! Hey is your website not where it was? Can't find it?

Thomas-Andrighetto-Holland - already have chemistry
Bowman-Dumont-DLR - top match ups
Bozon-Hensick- Hudon - secondary scoring
Crisp-Dowell-Carr - energy
Macenauer

ECHL
Sorkin Nevins Fournier

Tinordi (c) Nygren
Bennett Pateryn
Drewiske Dietz
Finley

ECHL
Makowski Shea

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
For those interested, the Bulldogs have a writer dedicated to the team this year who will provide daily reports and more overall coverage of the team.

A brief summary of yesterday's pre-season win.

http://e2e.thespec.com/

I could see the Dogs adding a bit more forward depth by signing one of the guys they have in camp to an initial 25 game PTO. Brace and Gomes come to mind. They did this last season by initially inking Macenauer, Aliu and McIver to PTO's at the end of camp. I think Macenauer eventually earned a 1-yr. deal afterwards.

A lot of comments regarding Locke on here. I am somewhat surprised he did not secure at the very least an invite to another AHL camp. Surely someone could use him.

I assume he would try to go back to Europe again. Maybe do what he did last year and play until the season ends over the pond and come back to sign a deal with an AHL club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad