Hamilton Bulldogs vs. Lake Erie Monsters

Rise from the Ashes

Price defies corsi
Sep 13, 2005
Pointe-Claire, QC
Kristo and Magnus Nygren will add such a nice finesse touch to the Dogs. Losing Geoffrion and Palushaj has really hurt them.

Nonetheless, I think they are still learning even though they are losing. The team has character in Tinordi, Ellis, Gallagher, Bournival, Quailer, St. Denis, Blunden, Desjardins, Stortini, Hagel, Commodore, Pateryn and the contagiously funny Patrick Holland. Just being around the hilarious Holland and the always smiling Gallagher, would be awesome. Stortini's job is clearly not to play hockey. He is there to talk to opposing players and tell them to relax or to at least be a symbol of defense for the raw rookie Bulldog players.

What happens when a mistake occurs? You usually learn from it. The key is that the coaching staff and management advise the players how to overcome those mistakes and teach them the professional game.

Perhaps Bergevin and co just want to see the characters of each player and see if any of them rise to the occasion and emerge as the leaders. They want these young men, lots of them former captains, to lead the Bulldogs as a cohesive group.

I am sure he did not want to see failure and probably expected a lot out of Palushaj and Geoffrion. They also probably expected more out of St. Denis. Desjardins was not supposed to be hurt and they botched the acquisition of veteran defenders before the season.

Therefore, while losing sucks and makes their lives difficult. It will help them grow together while learning the pro game. Lastly it will give management a CRYSTAL clear understanding of every player and their strengths -- weaknesses -- and future role in the organization.

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
I feel so lonely being home on a saturday night tweeting and writing about the bulldogs lolol.

Could be worse, you could be at the opera with your wife. Count your blessings.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia

A really nice fight between Tinordi and Heard, Heard has ton of guts to go against someone as big as Tinordi and Tinordi did pretty well in the fight. Hopefully he'll end up being as good of a fighter as his dad was.

In the other fight it looked like Connolly got the better of Gallagher early on, but Gallagher rebounded nicely taking the win in the end.

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004
The offense is just not in the AHL right now. You just add a Kristo and the PP looks automatically better. But again, the team should have added a few AHL vets. The missed the boat there and I have no idea why. Just like I knew they'd needed some vet presence on D and they get it way too late in the season.

You really think Kristo changes anything?? I don't think he brings much more than Holland, or Bournival... Don't think he's better than Gallagher or Leblanc either. Dumont, while not very talented, is having a great season for an energy player.

I mean sure Kristo is a talented player and a good scorer, but I don't think he's good enough to really change anything with the current squad. I think they mostly need experience and coaching.

Galchenyuk probably has enough talent to change things around, but then again I'm not sure they would be REALLY higher in the standings. He'd be a rookie too with a bad, inexperienced supporting cast.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->