Not open for further replies.

HamiltonOHL

BulldogsFan00
Jun 30, 2005
Hamilton, Ontario

hizzoner

Sponsor
Jun 19, 2006
I like the McKee hiring and look forward to seeing the season start!

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
With OHL back this season does that mean Jan Mysak will be back in Hamilton or he going pro?

He’ll be back. Not AHL eligible yet, so it’s NHL or OHL only. Hamilton passed on both import draft slots, so it means Mysak and Grushnikov this season.

Rule change today so now anyone who played 20+ AHL games last year can play AHL this year as a 2002, Mysak played 22 so he'll be in the AHL next season now. Brutal

Canadian Game

Jul 18, 2005
Ontario
Rule change today so now anyone who played 20+ AHL games last year can play AHL this year as a 2002, Mysak played 22 so he'll be in the AHL next season now. Brutal
Wow. Hadn’t seen this today. Found the tweet from Dreger. That’s huge. It sucks for Hamilton and other teams affected but I get it too. Doesn’t make sense to have a guy play pro and then take a step back.

If anything, this should have done before the import draft. Mysak is definitely at risk of staying in Laval.

Reactions: dirty12

PuckStop75

Feb 21, 2019
Wow. Hadn’t seen this today. Found the tweet from Dreger. That’s huge. It sucks for Hamilton and other teams affected but I get it too. Doesn’t make sense to have a guy play pro and then take a step back.

If anything, this should have done before the import draft. Mysak is definitely at risk of staying in Laval.
His 2 goals in 22 games probably doesn't earn him a spot there. Remember the taxi squad players all return now, and playing in the AHL would initiate his NHL contract a year sooner. Its not about the money as much as it is about free agency and 2nd contract, unless that is part of the deal and it is still slide eligible.

Reactions: Otto

Rounder8

Sep 28, 2018
His 2 goals in 22 games probably doesn't earn him a spot there. Remember the taxi squad players all return now, and playing in the AHL would initiate his NHL contract a year sooner. Its not about the money as much as it is about free agency and 2nd contract, unless that is part of the deal and it is still slide eligible.

I really hope that you're right. That would be a huge setback for the Bulldogs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad