Hamilton Bulldogs 2020 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

boknows

Oct 15, 2015
Wonder how, if at all the pandemic is going to effect the Bulldogs moving/new stadium build/reno.
I was curious about other team's reaction to their draft so have visited many team sites
I am totally shocked that there has been only one post to this forum in the past 2 weeks. The annual Priority Selection draft evokes numerous entries on other sites. Come on Bulldogs fans. Show some support for your team

Last edited:

hizzoner

Sponsor
Jun 19, 2006
I would like to say something but would be showing my ignorance about the picks the Bulldogs made. Looks like a couple of good D prospects but that is all I got. Rather underwhelming coverage before and after the draft locally. Maybe we will get more as local media digests it all.

boknows

Oct 15, 2015
I would like to say something but would be showing my ignorance about the picks the Bulldogs made. Looks like a couple of good D prospects but that is all I got. Rather underwhelming coverage before and after the draft locally. Maybe we will get more as local media digests it all.
Thanks for your posting
Hope you are right

UNB Bruins Fan

Mar 11, 2008
Fredericton, NB
Hey folks,

Just wondering if anyone could provide a scouting report on Kade Landry? It sounds like he might be headed to the University of New Brunswick next season and was hoping someone could give us an idea what kind of player he is? Thanks in advance.

Canadian Game

Jul 18, 2005
Ontario
Hey folks,

Just wondering if anyone could provide a scouting report on Kade Landry? It sounds like he might be headed to the University of New Brunswick next season and was hoping someone could give us an idea what kind of player he is? Thanks in advance.
Haven’t been on in a while to see your post but you’re getting a hardworking offensive D. Moves the puck well, helped run Hamilton’s PP at the blue line over the past 2 seasons. Usually doesn’t skate in too far in the offensive zone. I wouldn’t call him a shooter but he passes well. With that said, Hamilton hasn’t had the D shooting as much as other teams. I wouldn't call him a very physical player but he’s also not afraid of physical play by any means. Also a good team leader.

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Goaltending picture

Tough to judge goalie numbers on a team that struggled. Do Roy and Costantini return next season and if so does either have the upper hand?

If not, do the Bulldogs look elsewhere?

Canadian Game

Jul 18, 2005
Ontario
Goaltending picture

Tough to judge goalie numbers on a team that struggled. Do Roy and Costantini return next season and if so does either have the upper hand?

If not, do the Bulldogs look elsewhere?
It wouldn’t surprise me if they stick with both. If one does get moved, it would likely be Roy since Costantini is a year younger and they’re comfortable with him being the #1. In terms of one having the upper hand, I think it’s open for either one to grab. That’s generally how it’s been for the last year or so.

Canadian Game

Jul 18, 2005
Ontario
With Kammerer and Supryka, I’m indifferent about the trade, but I know nothing about Kammerer, so I’m not going to judge without knowing anything about him. The biggest need in D (in my opinion) is a stay at home D who blocks shots.

Regardless of the trade, Hamilton has 9 D going into the season and I believe its likely that one or two on D could still move.

Top 4: Gravelle (Bulldogs only OA), Staios, Renwick, Vescio
Bottom pairings/scratches: Jenkins, White, Kammerer (formerly Supryka)
Incoming rookies: Donovan, Romeo

My guess is one of Jenkins/White is moved as both are entering their 18 year old season and both could (understandably) want more ice time and exposure elsewhere.

Canadian Game

Jul 18, 2005
Ontario
Thought I’d post about OAs separately because it’s separate from the defence conversation but I fully expect to see a bit of juggling between now to the trade deadline to prep Hamilton’s OA situation for 2021-22. While Hamilton does have a decent team for 2020-21, I expect we will see some moves this year to prep for a run in 2021-22.

Eligible OAs for 2021-22 are: Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Mutter, Van Loon, Kammerer, Staios, Vescio, Roy

Kaliyev will be gone anyway (AHL). I think the most likely OAs would be Bertuzzi, Van Loon, and Staios. If one is traded or signs pro, I think Vescio would be the next most likely option. It won’t surprise me at all that we see Mutter traded before this year’s deadline after Christmas (preferably to the west to minimize playing against him). Going back to the Supryka/Kammerer trade, neither one would likely be kept as an OA.

Last edited:

barriers

Feb 10, 2020
Re-reading that I think you're correct. Just a bit awkwardly worded, "Eligible OAs for 2020-21 are: ... Kaliyev will be gone anyway (AHL). ..."

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
With Kammerer and Supryka, I’m indifferent about the trade, but I know nothing about Kammerer, so I’m not going to judge without knowing anything about him. The biggest need in D (in my opinion) is a stay at home D who blocks shots.

Regardless of the trade, Hamilton has 9 D going into the season and I believe its likely that one or two on D could still move.

Top 4: Gravelle (Bulldogs only OA), Staios, Renwick, Vescio
Bottom pairings/scratches: Jenkins, White, Kammerer (formerly Supryka)
Incoming rookies: Donovan, Romeo

My guess is one of Jenkins/White is moved as both are entering their 18 year old season and both could (understandably) want more ice time and exposure elsewhere.
Kammerer is a solid 4/5 Dman. He is OK at everything but not great at 1 single thing. I think he has untapped potential offensively but he hasn't found it yet. Has made some crazy passes for goals but never does it consistently.

Fan favorite in Sarnia as well. Always gives 110%. Great team guy too

What's Supryka all about?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->