Hamilton Bulldogs 2019 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Naz

Nov 25, 2008
Everywhere
Can confirm the Swedish report that Philip Broberg will play next season for Skelleftea in Sweden, not OHL Hamilton.

Rounder8

Sep 28, 2018
Can confirm the Swedish report that Philip Broberg will play next season for Skelleftea in Sweden, not OHL Hamilton.

Well that sucks. Source?

Nevrmind, I found the article.

Last edited:

Helvigster

Jan 8, 2019
hasn't been any activity here in a while so I wanted to engage in a conversation. a few OHL teams have revealed their new logo/jerseys for the upcoming season, so what do you guys think Hamilton should do? Change the logo? (I hope not) Change the jerseys? Keep everything the same? Maybe something else?

Hammer9001

Apr 1, 2015
Hamilton
hasn't been any activity here in a while so I wanted to engage in a conversation. a few OHL teams have revealed their new logo/jerseys for the upcoming season, so what do you guys think Hamilton should do? Change the logo? (I hope not) Change the jerseys? Keep everything the same? Maybe something else?

At some point, the main jersey could use a color shuffle, just so it's not a carbon cut duplicate of Pittsburgh (although some people like that aspect). Changing up the stripe pattern couldn't hurt at some point. Also potentially doing a different era Tigers throwback, or former OHL tribute jersey.

I think for the most part though, the logo should remain the same. Having that connection to the AHL Bulldogs is a good thing in my eyes and is a reminder that the ownership is the same, but the slight color change saying "But we are different and are the OHL Bulldogs." and I also have to admit the shoulder logo is growing on me.

What I want more though is a strong message from the team and city that we are moving forward on the arena issues. That the lines have been checked and are good, and that we have a plan to replace the facility, or that we are sticking with it, if the Bulldogs have to find another option, so be it. Just make a clear announcement (and hopefully, it's the former).

Last edited:
Reactions: Helvigster

Helvigster

Jan 8, 2019
DJ King has been traded to Saginaw for a 2021 2nd round pick and a 2022 4th round pick

Now I'm not saying DJ King needed to be traded, but I'm just glad that we won't see him taking penalties every single night in a Bulldogs uniform.

62 PIMS in 50 games, eugh...

Rounder8

Sep 28, 2018
DJ King has been traded to Saginaw for a 2021 2nd round pick and a 2022 4th round pick

Now I'm not saying DJ King needed to be traded, but I'm just glad that we won't see him taking penalties every single night in a Bulldogs uniform.

62 PIMS in 50 games, eugh...

I like this trade! That's a solid return for King.

Reactions: Helvigster

Canadian Game

Jul 18, 2005
Ontario
With the OA situation and the amount of D Hamilton has, I’d expect to see at least one or two more moves.

Current OAs are: Jackson, Nurse, Ali, Landry, Wainman, and Donofrio.

Teams can start the year with 4, while only 3 can dress each night. Sometime around November (don’t know the exact date) teams can have no more than 3 OAs on the roster.

Unless a team is willing to overpay (like Guelph with Hanley last year), I think Landry and Nurse are important to the team, making them OA locks. After last season I don’t see why Donofrio would want to return. I believe he could be put on CHL waivers if Hamilton doesn't find a trade partner, or he could sign to another league. This would leave one more player who won’t return between Jackson, Ali, and Wainman. Based on the amount of other D Hamilton has (Gravelle, Jenkins, Landry, Nardi, Renwick, Supryka, Vescio, and prospects, I think Jackson is more likely to return and either Ali or Wainman will not. I also believe Staios will make another move to clear some roster spots on the blue line. If not traded, space could be made if Nardi and/or Vescio return to the OJHL.

Dogsgottabite

Oct 9, 2015
With the OA situation and the amount of D Hamilton has, I’d expect to see at least one or two more moves.

Current OAs are: Jackson, Nurse, Ali, Landry, Wainman, and Donofrio.

Teams can start the year with 4, while only 3 can dress each night. Sometime around November (don’t know the exact date) teams can have no more than 3 OAs on the roster.

Unless a team is willing to overpay (like Guelph with Hanley last year), I think Landry and Nurse are important to the team, making them OA locks. After last season I don’t see why Donofrio would want to return. I believe he could be put on CHL waivers if Hamilton doesn't find a trade partner, or he could sign to another league. This would leave one more player who won’t return between Jackson, Ali, and Wainman. Based on the amount of other D Hamilton has (Gravelle, Jenkins, Landry, Nardi, Renwick, Supryka, Vescio, and prospects, I think Jackson is more likely to return and either Ali or Wainman will not. I also believe Staios will make another move to clear some roster spots on the blue line. If not traded, space could be made if Nardi and/or Vescio return to the OJHL.
Jackson won't be back. Nurse Landry and Wainman would be my picks for now but I can see them upgrading Wainman.

Canadian Game

Jul 18, 2005
Ontario
Jackson won't be back. Nurse Landry and Wainman would be my picks for now but I can see them upgrading Wainman.
Have you heard this somewhere, or is this who you'd like to see as the 3 OAs? Like I said, teams can still have 4 on the roster and dress 3 each game until around November. Wouldn't surprise me if we see all of those guys to start the season.

Last edited:

digiblader

Nov 6, 2015
Also to note--Matsos reassigned to associate coach, with Ron Wilson and Patrick Jarrett as assistant coaches.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad