Hamilton Bulldogs 2019-20 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
gX_5Xi-E_bigger.jpg
Mark Masters‏Verified account @markhmasters 5h5 hours ago

Coach Vaclav Varada on Jan Jenik's status:
"It looks like a banged up knee ... looks pretty bad (but) sometimes miracles happens"

Rounder8

Sep 28, 2018
According to Gord Miller, Jeniks season is most likely over.

Devastating news for him personally and also the Bulldogs.

Helvigster

Jan 8, 2019
Do you guys think with Jenik's injury, it encourages the Bulldogs to be sellers for the trade deadline? Jenik is a huge part of this team and the playoffs will be tough without him.

Canadian Game

Jul 18, 2005
Ontario
The Jenik injury is a tough loss. I’ll still be surprised if there’s much movement from the Bulldogs. I think we’ll see a few changes but nothing significant.

I think the goal is to earn a decent playoff spot (around 5/6) and give the younger guys some playoff experience and wins.

Reactions: Hammer9001

Rounder8

Sep 28, 2018
The Jenik injury is a tough loss. I’ll still be surprised if there’s much movement from the Bulldogs. I think we’ll see a few changes but nothing significant.

I think the goal is to earn a decent playoff spot (around 5/6) and give the younger guys some playoff experience and wins.

I don't think that there will be too much movement at all this year. With the OHL hosting the Memorial Cup next year there will be a lot of teams looking to load up for next year.

three dog night

May 3, 2014
Niagara Hamilton rematch Thursday any fans coming down from the Hammer. On a side note if Nurse was healthy all season your record might be better.

Reactions: Rounder8

Rounder8

Sep 28, 2018
Niagara Hamilton rematch Thursday any fans coming down from the Hammer. On a side note if Nurse was healthy all season your record might be better.

It would be for sure. We have been a 1 line team all year. He would have given us a viable 2nd line. Unfortunately with Jenik gone that won't be the case yet again.

A few trades tonight. Niagara trades Kevin Sopa to Erie for picks. Barrie trades Tyler Tucker to Flint.

Reactions: three dog night

Canadian Game

Jul 18, 2005
Ontario
Provided Mysak has committed (still waiting for the Bulldogs to make it official), it looks like he’s a LW and I don’t believe he plays C (could be wrong).

With Jenik out I’d like to see the Bulldogs grab a 2000 or 2001 who can be a top line C between Mysak and Kaliyev for this season and next season. Ideally it would be someone who is pushed down the lineup on a team that has depth. A move to Hamilton would give them more ice time and exposure with 2 high caliber forwards. I think Morrison is a good 2nd line C, and plays well on that line, but the Bulldogs could use a higher caliber C for the top line.

If/when Mysak comes over, I’d start Mysak on the 2nd line and let him adjust to the North American ice and game before moving him up to the top line.

Rounder8

Sep 28, 2018
From what I have read he can play C or W, but it seems like he has played mostly wing. I guess we will see. And you're right, everybody seems to have made it official except for the Bulldogs.

Rounder8

Sep 28, 2018
If they decide to sell and move Kaliyev, would Nurse be movable too?
He's shown since he came back healthy he is a force as an OA.

I'm not sure if he would go or not. There definitely has to be interest in him though. He has been dominant since he has come back.

Canadian Game

Jul 18, 2005
Ontario
If they decide to sell and move Kaliyev, would Nurse be movable too?
He's shown since he came back healthy he is a force as an OA.
I’d still be very surprised if either one is traded. Like Rounder8 said though, there’s probably a lot of interest in Nurse based off of his dominance since returning from injury. He’s a workhorse who would be a great addition for a contender’s depth. However, I think he will still be wearing the same jersey after the OA deadline tomorrow.

Reactions: Rounder8
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->