Hamilton Bulldogs 2019-20 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
Yes, it is becoming apparent pretty quickly that he is a pretty special player. He's fearless when he drives to the net. Hopefully he spends the next few years here.

Since he came before signing an ELC does that mean that he has to play Jr til he's 20 (or go back home) unless he's in the NHL?

Jenik had already signed an ELC with Arizona before he came so he was different I think...

It’s who owns his rights when he gets drafted. So will depend if his rights where given (sold) to Hamilton and they own them or if they were loaned to Hamilton and his CZE team still owns his rights. If it’s the 2nd one he can play AHL/ECHL at 19 despite being drafted out of the CHL

Problem is the teams usually don’t release that info to the public

Rounder8

Sep 28, 2018
It’s who owns his rights when he gets drafted. So will depend if his rights where given (sold) to Hamilton and they own them or if they were loaned to Hamilton and his CZE team still owns his rights. If it’s the 2nd one he can play AHL/ECHL at 19 despite being drafted out of the CHL

Problem is the teams usually don’t release that info to the public

Got it. Thanks for the info.

JMROWE

Apr 2, 2010
Hamilton Ontario
Carolina not going anywhere and Arizona Florida attendance up even slightly.
The Coyotes are moving Houston once there lease is up as for Carolina & Florida the canes might have bought them selves 5-10 years to turn themselves around as for Florida I give them 5 years before they move or turn themselves around.

The Vegas Golden Knights are going to be tested over the next 5-10 years to see how they deal with competition first with the Raiders & then maybe the NBA. ,MLB or both if that happens VGK. are done since Vegas is around 500.000 population someone is going to be pushed out .

billybean

Feb 14, 2015
Oshawa
The Coyotes are moving Houston once there lease is up as for Carolina & Florida the canes might have bought them selves 5-10 years to turn themselves around as for Florida I give them 5 years before they move or turn themselves around.

The Vegas Golden Knights are going to be tested over the next 5-10 years to see how they deal with competition first with the Raiders & then maybe the NBA. ,MLB or both if that happens VGK. are done since Vegas is around 500.000 population someone is going to be pushed out .

That’s enough internet for the day

JMROWE

Apr 2, 2010
Hamilton Ontario
What dose everybody think of the 2 bids to renovate the FOC. ?

I think they are 2 great Ideas put fourth by both parties but the one bid that stands out is the bid by the Mercanti group which consist of a 240 million dollar reno of the FOC. & a new convention center at a cost 260 million where Hamilton city center stands now total costs would be 500 million not to mention the redevelopment of the old convention center site into condos & did I mention it is all going to be privately funded that means no taxpayer money .

Even Andlauer can't turn this deal down.

Canadian Game

Jul 18, 2005
Ontario
What dose everybody think of the 2 bids to renovate the FOC. ?

I think they are 2 great Ideas put fourth by both parties but the one bid that stands out is the bid by the Mercanti group which consist of a 240 million dollar reno of the FOC. & a new convention center at a cost 260 million where Hamilton city center stands now total costs would be 500 million not to mention the redevelopment of the old convention center site into condos & did I mention it is all going to be privately funded that means no taxpayer money .

Even Andlauer can't turn this deal down.
Based on your previous posts and you sales pitch above, this screams of propaganda rather than words from a fan. Yes, Andlauer can turn it down (hosting the team in someone else’s arena if it doesn’t jive with his plans and goals for the team).

Meanwhile Burlington’s mayor says they’re open to working with Andlauer to host the team. Whether it’s at the mall or elsewhere in the city, they seem open minded and willing to work with him - the polar opposite response and treatment he has received from Hamilton’s city council.

JMROWE

Apr 2, 2010
Hamilton Ontario
The city of Hamilton was right to turn the Lime Ridge Mall arena down because the cons out way the pros of his idea like the traffic on Upper Wentworth St, right now it's bad if an arena was built the traffic well be 100 times worse among other issues even the city had a neutral party look at his idea & they came to the same conclusions as the city it was a bad idea .

So if Andlauer turns down this reno plans of FOC by the Mercanti group or Vancore group he would be a fool because it would not cost him or the city a dime .

Andlauer has to get through his thick skull its what is best for the city not what is best for him so if he wants to leave fine but I call his bluff this is an offer he can't refuse .

Shortstop

Nov 14, 2018
I’m from out of town but will be in Kingston for Friday’s game. Anything good/unique at the concessions I should try?

Hammer9001

Apr 1, 2015
Hamilton
Another win against a possible 1st round opponent. While I would like to see the Dogs overtake Barrie for the 5 seed, part of me wonders if we would be better served facing Sudbury in the 7th seed spot.

Reactions: Canadian Game

Rounder8

Sep 28, 2018
VERY impressive effort last night by the boys. They could be a scary opponent for somebody for sure.

bcspirit

Jan 10, 2013
North America
Hi thinking of coming to check out Hamilton when the Spirit come to town in March. Which hotels are close to the arena like within walking distance? Any good restaurants around the arena? Thanks in advance for any information.

vince

Dec 6, 2017
Hi thinking of coming to check out Hamilton when the Spirit come to town in March. Which hotels are close to the arena like within walking distance? Any good restaurants around the arena? Thanks in advance for any information.

The Sheraton Hotel is basically next door and considered the closest hotel. It leads into Jackson Square Mall. There are some fast food and pub outlets within the mall and you can leave dinner and walk to the arena in two minutes. The Shearaton is at King and Bay streets while the arena is down the block at York and Bay streets. Paid parkimg is also underground at the Sheraton or you can find parking across the street in Bay

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
OHL suspends Vince Laise for 2 games for his outburst vs SAG and the club responds by firing him

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
The crazy thing is there was zero reason for the blowup in the Saginaw game. No egregious missed call, no cheap shots, nothing. Like he just flipped a switch and snapped

There was a hit to the head of a Hamilton player right in front of the HAM bench that they didn't call about 45 seconds before he got tossed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad