Hamilton Bulldogs 2018-19 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

digiblader

Nov 6, 2015
What a crazy game! Lots of scoring, and bad goaltending on both sides--and the Bulldogs lose 8-7.. a very costly loss for the team in a game they really needed the easy 2 points.

digiblader

Nov 6, 2015
Teams that also lost an "easy 2 points" to Erie in January: Niagara (6-3), Owen Sound x2, and Guelph....
Fair enough. But if the Bulldogs want to avoid Ottawa/Niagara or keep a playoff spot altogether, they need to beat teams they're supposed to beat. I know they're rebuilding--but there's no excuse for today's performance.

OttersFan

Jan 6, 2018
Teams that also lost an "easy 2 points" to Erie in January: Niagara (6-3), Owen Sound x2, and Guelph....
I wouldn't sleep on Erie. Only three points out from a playoff spot with a ton of grit. They come to play every night and sometimes they just don't get the bounces they need. I wouldn't say they're an "easy 2 points" by any means.

Erie has also beat SOO in the first half.

Out of 6 games between Niagara, they each have two wins a piece.

Next week is probably one of Erie's biggest turning points of the season with 3 home games: Kitchener on Wed, Oshawa Fri, and Windsor Sat. Keep your eyes on them.

Rounder8

Sep 28, 2018
I wouldn't sleep on Erie. Only three points out from a playoff spot with a ton of grit. They come to play every night and sometimes they just don't get the bounces they need. I wouldn't say they're an "easy 2 points" by any means.

Next week is probably one of Erie's biggest turning points of the season with 3 home games: Kitchener on Wed, Oshawa Fri, and Windsor Sat. Keep your eyes on them.

Only one person here thinks that Erie is an easy 2 points.

Reactions: Canadian Game

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
Tickets to Thursday's game aren't available to the public because it's a schoolday game right?

Canadian Game

Jul 18, 2005
Ontario

I fully agree. I was just making a point to digiblader who thinks Erie should be an easy 2 points for any team who plays them (including Hamilton). I was making a point of by giving examples of other teams who Erie also defeated in the last month.

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
I assume not, but any HAM season ticket holders on here who arent able to make the game and want to sell their seats for Thursdays game...? Haha

PM me if so

Rounder8

Sep 28, 2018
I assume not, but any HAM season ticket holders on here who arent able to make the game and want to sell their seats for Thursdays game...? Haha

PM me if so

I'm in a Bulldogs chat group. If I see anybody advertising I will let you know. As of right now there is nothing though.

MatthewsMoustache

Jul 2, 2018
2018 6th round pick George Diaco signs today. 35 points in 40 gojhl games. watched him play quite a bit and you’re getting a heck of a player. 5’5 but plays his heart out. does anyone know if he will be joining right away or finishing the year in jr. b?

Reactions: Canadian Game

digiblader

Nov 6, 2015
Piece about Cameron Supryka from The Spec:

Meet new Bulldog Cam Supryka, ‘pretty much’ the worst stick boy ever

P.S. Regarding the "easy 2 points" from the loss vs. Erie--Otters are 3-7(including the loss vs. Kitchener tonight) in their last 10 games and are set to miss the playoffs--a healthy defense and at least an average goaltender does not give up 7 goals to a bottom-feeding team, especially considering the Bulldogs have too much talent to be losing to bad team like Erie.

I expect bad numbers like this against a elite team like Ottawa, Niagara or Oshawa--but doing this against Erie is not acceptable. Under-performances like this can get coaches fired..and the Bulldogs, regardless of the fact they're rebuilding, are heavily underperforming--though much of that is due to injury.

Remember, though tomorrow's game was to be a School Day Game, the ice storm that hit Hamilton will likely cause the Bulldogs to cancel this game and move it to the normal 7pm--as there's still ice risk in Hamilton tomorrow.

digiblader

Nov 6, 2015
As for the Diaco signing--no surprise, as the Bulldogs have a ton of roster openings for 2019-20 with at least 7 players likely to be gone due to graduation or cuts due to OA limits (assuming 3 OAs and potentially 3-4 16-year olds are kept, though whether the Bulldogs take that many depends on the draft, which is expected to be weak.)

With Hamilton expected to be in the middle of a full-blown rebuild and likely to finish at or close to the bottom of the standings in 2019-20 as many of their 1999s and 2000s, including Jenik, who is basically just a rental for the final months and next season, are expected to be dealt for more picks and players, spots are going to be open for players like Diaco.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->