Hamilton Bulldogs 2018-19 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rounder8

Sep 28, 2018
The Sting are not dominating this game though. If they were getting better goaltending and capitalizing on their chances it would be a different game.

Jenek and another goal by the ever improving Logan Morrison have made this a game. Hamilton is dominating right now.

digiblader

Nov 6, 2015
Good news--Kaliyev has added 2 more goals.

Bad news--Sarnia has extended its lead to 8-4. Donofrio is really struggling. The lack of D is really hurting the team.. they really need DJ King, Gravelle and others to get healthy ASAP.

Rounder8

Sep 28, 2018
For the record, they did say that Bertuzzi is indeed out for the season. It seems that the gossip that I heard was indeed gossip.

Helvigster

Jan 8, 2019
Big two points on the line for the Bulldogs tonight as they are in Peterborough to take on the Petes. A win in regulation for Hamilton would give the Bulldogs a 4 point advantage over Peterborough in the Eastern Conference. Let's get 'em!

Rounder8

Sep 28, 2018
Payton Vescio is making his Hamilton debut tonight.

Big game for sure.

Bulldogs up early on a goal by Jenik. Strome with the setup.

digiblader

Nov 6, 2015
2-1 Bulldogs after one period -- Jenik and Landry with goals, Strome, Mutter and Burnell with helpers.

As said--this is a big game to try to distance the team further away from the Petes in the standings--Peterborough really made a mistake not to make a big addition at the deadline--but nobody wants to play for that team because of the market and aging arena..

Canadian Game

Jul 18, 2005
Ontario
2-1 Bulldogs after one period -- Jenik and Landry with goals, Strome, Mutter and Burnell with helpers.

As said--this is a big game to try to distance the team further away from the Petes in the standings--Peterborough really made a mistake not to make a big addition at the deadline--but nobody wants to play for that team because of the market and aging arena..
This really isn't the year for Peterborough to make a big splash. I'd expect next year they plan to make a run. As for people not wanting to play there, you're back to making assumptions without giving facts.

Reactions: dirty12

Square Corners

Mar 1, 2018
This really isn't the year for Peterborough to make a big splash. I'd expect next year they plan to make a run. As for people not wanting to play there, you're back to making assumptions without giving facts.

It's been pretty well documented people saying they wouldn't waive their NTC to come here via trade and also guys like Cuylle/Hayton saying dont draft me because I wont come (and Hayton is from PBO)

Rounder8

Sep 28, 2018
Injuries continue to hit the Bulldogs.

Liam Van Loon left the game after a bad knee on knee hit. Hopefully he returns, but it didn't look good.

digiblader

Nov 6, 2015

Tell that to Petes fans--who saw Will Cuylle have to be traded to Windsor because he refused to report. It's difficult for them to draft because many players like Cuylle will not report to the Petes.

digiblader

Nov 6, 2015
Injuries continue to hit the Bulldogs.

Liam Van Loon left the game after a bad knee on knee hit. Hopefully he returns, but it didn't look good.

Which as mentioned above, led to Osmanski being ejected. Hopefully he gets nailed with a lengthy suspension for kneeing Van Loon..

digiblader

Nov 6, 2015
Tied at 3 after 2.. Kaliyev with yet another goal. But Roy isn't having his best night.. 3 goals on 19 shots, which is why this game is tied..

digiblader

Nov 6, 2015
Absolutely abysmal performance in the 3rd period--Bulldogs lose 6-3.

Next up, the Erie Otters on Saturday.

Canadian Game

Jul 18, 2005
Ontario
Overall Hamilton played well tonight. They controlled the play much of the game. They didn't succeed on the PP but they created a lot of chances and kept possession for the most part, especially the PPs in the third. Merkley's game winner was a nice play and shot. Full credit to him. The last 2 goals against were the worst 2 minutes the Bulldogs played all game. It didn't help that leading up to the goals against was that Hamilton's top PP unit played the full 2 minutes, and then exhausted players had to back-check once the PP is over (Liam Kirk goal). Overall I'd say they played well for about 55 minutes of that game. Landry has really improved over the course of the season since he's had lots of ice time. Jenik is looking comfortable with the adjustment to the OHL. Roy (and Hunter Jones) made some great saves despite the end result. Another thing that stood out was the lack of speed on the defence. It was noticeable today anyway. However, for having such a green defence core, today they didn't look way out of place aside from a few instances. In my opinion, it's noticeable that guys (on all parts of the team) are developing, which is one of the main goals when rebuilding.

LongtimeListener

Nov 27, 2017
Tell that to Petes fans--who saw Will Cuylle have to be traded to Windsor because he refused to report. It's difficult for them to draft because many players like Cuylle will not report to the Petes.

It's been told to Petes fans...

They KNEW he was not going to report and still drafted. That is well documented, unlike many of your daily assertions. Petes stated they would take the best player possible knowing full he would not report. They did so and traded him to the Spits which is a move that could yield dividends in the future that remains to be seen.

I'd also like to know once and for all if you ACTUALLY watch the games? No judgment if you don't, just prefer a transparent response because as you stated "But Roy isn't having his best night.. 3 goals on 19 shots, which is why this game is tied.." I know how that looks on a computer screen reading a box score but I felt he made some pretty big saves during some scrambles and had a great glove save in the latter half of the first. Again, these are things you wouldn't see if you are just looking at lines of data on a screen.

Hammer9001

Apr 1, 2015
Hamilton
It's been told to Petes fans...

They KNEW he was not going to report and still drafted. That is well documented, unlike many of your daily assertions. Petes stated they would take the best player possible knowing full he would not report. They did so and traded him to the Spits which is a move that could yield dividends in the future that remains to be seen.

I'd also like to know once and for all if you ACTUALLY watch the games? No judgment if you don't, just prefer a transparent response because as you stated "But Roy isn't having his best night.. 3 goals on 19 shots, which is why this game is tied.." I know how that looks on a computer screen reading a box score but I felt he made some pretty big saves during some scrambles and had a great glove save in the latter half of the first. Again, these are things you wouldn't see if you are just looking at lines of data on a screen.

See, I get not wanting to report to somewhere like a US team, or the Soo or Sudbury/North Bay, and even Owen Sound, but I never understood why Peterborough seems to have this issue.

Reactions: Helvigster

three dog night

May 3, 2014
Sounds like the Petes arena will under go renovations to the floor they may have to start on the road for a few games next season.

digiblader

Nov 6, 2015
No suspension for Osmanski unfortunately. OHL didn't find his hit on Van Loon a suspendable offense.

digiblader

Nov 6, 2015
2-1 Otters after the first.

Hamilton also got some D-men back finally--Gravelle and King are back in the lineup.

Former Bulldog and one of the last of the Bulls, Cole Ceci, is in net for Erie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->