Status
Not open for further replies.

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
I know we had a couple of threads on this already and I'm not trying to rub anything in on anyone. I just thougth I'd share this little tidbit of info out of today's Tennessean

When the Predators' Dan Hamhuis posted five points in Thursday's 9-4 win over Pittsburgh, he became the first NHL defenseman age 21 or younger to record the feat since 1989, when Brian Leetch turned the trick.

Link to full article

Rowsdower

Jan 13, 2003
Arizona Bay
Visit site
burnlikestars said:
Zidlicky and Hammer both deserve awards. Im almost sure that they will be completely overlooked somehow

Both have had great seasons, but IMO neither deserve to bring home any hardware for them (assuming you mean norris and calder respectively?)....

SmokeyClause

Feb 27, 2002
Miami, FL
Visit site
Rowsdower 3:16 said:
Both have had great seasons, but IMO neither deserve to bring home any hardware for them (assuming you mean norris and calder respectively?)....

No, they both deserve awards. Just not on a national level. Maybe, 'best offensive Dman on the Preds' and 'Predator Rookie of the Year'. Yeah, I think Zids has a fair chance at the first one.

While Zids has been great and his offensive numbers alone give him the slightest hint of Norris consideration, his defensive game is still too raw and mistake prone. He'll never be a great overall defenseman, but I think he can be one of the dominant offensive Dman of the next 5 years. He's certainly off to a bright start.

As for Dan the man, he's played much, much better than anticipated. But, while I think he's a lot closer to Pitkanen level than he gets credit for, there are just too many deserving candidates out there. Ryder, Hunter, Raycroft, Pitkanen all deserve looks well before Dan. While Dan plays a more crucial role on the Preds than Pitkanen does for the Flyers(save for PP time, but there's nothing you can do about Zids and Timo), he's just not to his overall level.

Still, both have had wonderful seasons and will probably be top-flight NHLers for years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->