Hamburg Freezers to leave DEL

Discussion in 'Germany' started by GermanNuck, May 18, 2016.

1. ForumNamePending Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 1,200,000
    Ya, from what I read it sounds like AEG was pretty underhanded with how they handled this and just wanted the team to disappear. Schubert could have come up with $10 million and it probably wouldn't have mattered.

I also can't help but think that much of the loses AEG claims would have been due to shifting revenue the club generated over to the arena side of the business.

It's unfortunate as it appeared the club had managed to build a relatively large and loyal fan base over the years.

2. Arlus Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 1,200,000
    In the end, Bremerhaven, is the only club that has applied for a licence? And when is going to be decided the final number of teams for the next season?

3. TorstenFrings lebenslang gruenweiss

SB Cash:
    $ 1,200,000
    I don't think the league has made an official statement about who submitted DEL licensing paperwork, but Bremerhaven has been the only DEL2 club who applied the last couple of years and also the only DEL2 club who has come out and announced they applied this year, so it stands to reason that, yes, they are the only ones. The DEL licensing process will take until the end of June.

4. Maverick41 Registered User Sponsor

SB Cash:
    $ 1,200,000
    Christoph Schubert will stay in Hamburg and has signed with Crocodiles Hamburg to play in the Oberliga next season.

I guess he really likes it in Hamburg and does not want to move his family to a new city.

5. kalle wirsch Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 1,200,000