Halo: Infinite (Dec. 8th, 2021) - Xbox Series X

AllAbout813

Oct 8, 2007
Tampa, FL
I hope that battle royale happens at some point.

Wish they did more PvP on this test, the bots weren’t terrible and are definitely a cool addition but nothing replaces a human on the other end.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
I hope that battle royale happens at some point.

Wish they did more PvP on this test, the bots weren’t terrible and are definitely a cool addition but nothing replaces a human on the other end.

There will almost certainly be more tech tests between now and release. Connection/matchmaking tests, stress tests, final balance passes, etc. You'll probably get to play humans in a tech test within a month or so.

Lame Lambert

Fire Lou
Mar 5, 2015
Super hyped for this game after the tech preview. It ran like shit on my PC with a 5800x and 2080 Super and I didn’t even care because I was having so much fun. The Series X version on 120 FPS mode ran really well considering the state of the PC.

Reactions: x Tame Impala

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
The gameplay looks good, like finally out door maps!!! I'm with the mate though that the gameplay looks way too fast for a Halo-esque game. Halo isn't supposed to be Call of Duty fast, it's supposed to be at a certain point where you can do a running riot and stay alive. Not have an average life span of 30 seconds...

The worst aspect will be the grenades though, it was broken in Halo 5 and I want to know if they (hopefully) toned it down in this game?

Beau Knows

Mar 4, 2013
Canada
I don't care about either, but it is really is pathetic that coop won't be available day one.

It also makes me a bit concerned about the state of the rest of the game, if they had to drop features to release a game that was already delayed a year.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Yeah co op being delayed in a vacuum doesn't mean much.

Co op being delayed in a game that already got pushed back for looking like shit with allegations of complete mismanagement surrounding it...that's where the problem emerges

Reactions: Beau Knows

Oogie Boogie

Apr 9, 2011
Every damn multiplayer game has to have a "battlepass" or some bullshit now. I'm sick of seeing it.
I know why they do it since a lot of people actually buy them, but still. Ugh.

Beau Knows

Mar 4, 2013
Canada
Every damn multiplayer game has to have a "battlepass" or some bullshit now. I'm sick of seeing it.

They work great at getting people addicted to the games and treating them like jobs, people go nuts for that shit, it's crazy.

Remember games where you could just customize your character because it was fun and it gave you a unique appearance? Now you're supposed to play every day, pay for a battlepass and then slowly be allowed to finally try to customize your character with the small % of pieces you've actually unlocked.

Reactions: GreytWun

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Agreed, but 343 is making the actual game free to play so I can't argue. On the back of my mind though I am interested in how much will be "free". I think the free aspect could be social playlists, but if you want ranked or MLG they might cost a membership.

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
Agreed, but 343 is making the actual game free to play so I can't argue. On the back of my mind though I am interested in how much will be "free". I think the free aspect could be social playlists, but if you want ranked or MLG they might cost a membership.

What lol? They would never do this, talk about killing their own player base.

They are following suit with free-to-play and paid battle passes to unlock cosmetic items. Halo is also a way for them to sell game pass.

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com

You really shouldn't be because it's a win for everyone. They are able to make money but it does not impact your ability to compete at all in the game or play new maps. You absolutely don't have to purchase anything to enjoy and play the game. Now, if you want the purple flashy armor and can't live without it, that's on you. In fact, many skins only make you stand out more putting you at a disadvantage.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
As much as people don't like battle passes, i will give credit to 343 for getting theirs right.

Free and you can always go back to knock them out later. At that point that's not even a battle pass, that's more akin to regular progression

Beau Knows

Mar 4, 2013
Canada
You really shouldn't be because it's a win for everyone.

I don't think a battlepass is a "win" for all players. Taking all the customization options and putting them behind a paywall/play everyday like a job wall isn't a win in my eyes.

Yes the multiplayer is free to play, but the game still costs the standard price if you want to play campaign, which I certainly do. And for a large percentage of players, myself included, we've essentially already paid for the game by having game pass. So I don't see the advantage of a FTP model for this game since I would have happily paid for it or simply continued to subscribe to game pass.

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
I don't think a battlepass is a "win" for all players. Taking all the customization options and putting them behind a paywall/play everyday like a job wall isn't a win in my eyes.

Yes the multiplayer is free to play, but the game still costs the standard price if you want to play campaign, which I certainly do. And for a large percentage of players, myself included, we've essentially already paid for the game by having game pass. So I don't see the advantage of a FTP model for this game since I would have happily paid for it or simply continued to subscribe to game pass.

So you want all the benefits of customization without paying for it?? There is zero reasons for them to keep adding stuff then. Also, no where does it say there will be zero customization without battle pass, you just won’t get battle pass items. You can also view them and decide if they are worth it or not.

this is much better than years ago when they would charge us $20 for a few more maps, although Halo never did that.

I never paid a dime for anything in Halo 5 and it was a great experience, I also still unlocked stuff with progression. There were loot boxes but none of the items ever interested me. If they make it like COD you essential earn enough credits playing the BP to earn the next one.

Most BP’s also have items you earn for free anyways. This is all cosmetic nonsense that you can’t even see when playing. Lol. Who cares

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->