Which player is better RIGHT NOW.

• Hall

• Gaudreau

• Too close to call

Results are only viewable after voting.

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary
Only time Monahan has played away from Gaudreau for any significant time was his rookie year and that stretch last year where it looked like he couldn't skate with a back injury

FerklundCGY

Jul 3, 2017
This thread is basically Baxterman bashing Gaudreau and saying Monahan is better vs Whiskey saying Monahan solely relies on Gaudreau and saying Gaudreau is God like.

For some reason, this seems like one of those perfect scenarios where the answer is probably in between, although Baxterman saying the Flames would be fine without Gaudreau is pure idiocy

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Love both these guys. Hallsy is one my favs since I partied with him in Edmonton once.

Hard to argue against Johnny this year though. Guy is one of the best league wide; one of the only reasons Calgary's in its current spot.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
You are a Flames fan and your hate for Gaudreau is completely bewildering. This must be a painful season for you.

The Flames would be no worse off without Gaudreau? Are you serious?

[mod] I remember him saying Johnny has never setup Monahan. I posted a link to a 3 goal night from earlier this season where Johnny set two up and made a play at the blue line on the other.

Same as Kulak being garbage.

Last edited by a moderator:

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Why does whiskey hate hall so much lol. I think he's the only devils fan who would undo the hall Larsson trade.

Because he is a LW that people rank above Gaudreau and he can't stand anyone taking spotlight away from Gaudreau. Same reason he constantly puts down Monahan and tries to take away his abilities/production.

barrsdow

Jul 3, 2017
[mod] I remember him saying Johnny has never setup Monahan. I posted a link to a 3 goal night from earlier this season where Johnny set two up and made a play at the blue line on the other.

Same as Kulak being garbage.

Gaudreau set's up monahan so many times its ridiculous and this year Monahan could have alot more goals if he wasnt so streaky.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
You are a Flames fan and your hate for Gaudreau is completely bewildering. This must be a painful season for you.

The Flames would be no worse off without Gaudreau? Are you serious?

Not really all that painful at all, although ask again at the end if they miss the play-offs.

And I don't hate Gaudreau at all. I would say he is likely our 2nd best forward (Tkachuk getting close to passing him.)

And the Flames would be worse off without him but not much worse and likely in the same scenario (fighting for a play-off spot) without him.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Only time Monahan has played away from Gaudreau for any significant time was his rookie year and that stretch last year where it looked like he couldn't skate with a back injury

And the first half of his sophomore season + 10 game stint when Gaudreau was hurt last year. It's still some 1200+ mins since Gaudreau entered the league.

Dack

Jun 16, 2014
Not really all that painful at all, although ask again at the end if they miss the play-offs.

And I don't hate Gaudreau at all. I would say he is likely our 2nd best forward (Tkachuk getting close to passing him.)

And the Flames would be worse off without him but not much worse and likely in the same scenario (fighting for a play-off spot) without him.
That's ridiculous. Monahan is not a better player than Gaudreau, Monahan has never been a better player (in the NHL after Gaudreau got into the swing of things) than Gaudreau and Monahan will never be a better player than Gaudreau.

Johnny has 16 more points in 1 more game played and they play on the same line. Monahan isn't even known for stellar defensive play sure it's improving but it's not even close to good enough to justify the gap in production.

Also Gaudreau does the heavy lifting on this line, I don't think there is a center in the league as high end as Monahan that carries the puck as little as he does and it's not out of selflessness or anything it's out of necessity because Gaudreau is elite at it and Monahan isn't very good.

Also I see the Tkachuk comment everywhere love the kid he's great but he's not Gaudreau yet. Gaudreau has 27 more points and also draws a crap tonne of penalties. He's not as good of a possession player nor is he an agitator but he's still better right now.

Last edited:

Tad Mikowsky

Only Droods
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2008
Edmonton
Jeez, Flames Fans, I feel for you guys having to deal with the guy who thinks Gaudreau is a parasite for the team.

I can't believe someone would actually believe the team would be better off without Gaudreau. He's a helluva player.

Dack

Jun 16, 2014
Jeez, Flames Fans, I feel for you guys having to deal with the guy who thinks Gaudreau is a parasite for the team.

I can't believe someone would actually believe the team would be better off without Gaudreau. He's a helluva player.
He doesn't think we'd be better he just thinks Gaudreau doesn't really move the needle which is equally silly he's been involved on like 40% if our goals this season. I don't know where the Flames would be without Johnny but I don't think in the same position as now is the answer.

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
Love both these guys. Hallsy is one my favs since I partied with him in Edmonton once.

Hard to argue against Johnny this year though. Guy is one of the best league wide; one of the only reasons Calgary's in its current spot.
Not as big of a difference maker as Hall is for NJ

Hall has the largest point difference from 1st to 2nd on a team in the league. Lets be fair - Hall is carrying his team more than Gaudreau

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad