Hall Vs. Gaudreau

Which player is better RIGHT NOW.

• Hall

• Gaudreau

• Too close to call

Results are only viewable after voting.

135ace

Mar 18, 2015
It is unlikely that Hischiervwill ever be as good as Monahan.

And don't let that poster hatred of Monahan fool you hebisss great player and Gaudreau definitely benefits a ton from playing with him.
Trust me I like Monahan a lot as a player, he's a fantastic finisher, but he's not as dynamic as Nico. If I had to chose right now (for this season alone) I'd take Monahan over Nico+Bratt, but I genuinely expect Nico to be a better overall player than Monahan in the next couple of years.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Hall doesn't play with 3 "#1 PMD" and doesn't have a linemate close to as good as Monahan

Lol, so our team is called garbage... But when you guys choose players aside from the Flames, it's because the Flames are good.

Which is it guys? You're confusing the hell out of me, I've got to know the truth!

Reactions: I am not exposed

M C D A V I D

Feb 12, 2018
Lol, so our team is called garbage... But when you guys choose players aside from the Flames, it's because the Flames are good.

Which is it guys? You're confusing the hell out of me, I've got to know the truth!
Quote me where I said the flames are garbage? Or are you lumping thousands of people together?

Also do you dispute what i actually wrote? NJ has no PMD as good as three of yours and Hall plays with no one as good as Monahan. Or are you just going to talk about how your feelings are hurt?

Chef de Cuisine

Mar 15, 2015
This has got to be a joke. 4 seasons in a row of outscoring Hall and Gaudreau still can't win a poll lol.

Hall has been great this season but Gaudreau is 2nd in the league in scoring.

I guess that shine of being a 1st overall pick never comes off for some.

Hall has never matched Gaudreau's production since the 2 have been in the league. He's never done the same lol.

Gaudreau vs Hall point totals last 4 years:
64 vs 38
78 vs 65
61 vs 53
67 vs 59

I'd rather have Hischier and Bratt over Monahan and Ferland.
Hall on pace for 1.8 less ppg RIGHT NOW

teammates are on pace for less than Gaudreaus by a much larger margin

what say you?

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
Gaudreau. He can get underrated quite often here, he is better than Hall as great as he has been this season.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
uhh, yeah? and? we're talking about rn, not the last 4 seasons

Here is the post I was referring to.

The fact that he has such a large gap on those two in no way implies that he is boosting their production. If anything its just the opposite. I mean Hischier and Bratt are only on pace for 48-49 points. That's exactly where you would expect a 1st overall pick to be, and Bratt is just a beast of a player.

Hischier actually has a better P/60 at ES without Hall than with Hall. Monahan and Ferland's numbers fall off a cliff without Gaudreau.

Hall has been on the ice for only 21 of Bratt's 33 points and 23 of Hischier's 34 points (64% and 68% respectively)
Gaudreau has been on the ice for 48 of Monahan's 50 points (96%) and 29 of Ferland's 34 points (85%)

I completely disagree. Hischier is a better skater, stick handler, puck carrier, playmaker, and defensive player. Monahan has a better release and is a bit better at finding soft spots in the D, but that's about it.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Quote me where I said the flames are garbage? Or are you lumping thousands of people together?

Also do you dispute what i actually wrote? NJ has no PMD as good as three of yours and Hall plays with no one as good as Monahan. Or are you just going to talk about how your feelings are hurt?

I’m lumping all of HF, who are all the only ones that are still using the “3 #1 defenseman” joke, even though it wasn’t even us that said that. Get a new one, I’m getting bored.

M C D A V I D

Feb 12, 2018
I’m lumping all of HF, who are all the only ones that are still using the “3 #1 defenseman” joke, even though it wasn’t even us that said that. Get a new one, I’m getting bored.

I like how you don't actually respond to the actual content of my post lmao.

TMLeafs17

Why so salty?
Oct 5, 2017
I thought it was the Oilers who had 3 #1 Dmen?

It’s Johnny here for me and I love Hall.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Well we can agree both their respective teams would be barely treading water without them.

As good as Gaudreau has been this year, I actually still think he has another level. Even when he has a bad game by his standards you'll look at the stat sheet after and somehow he'll have got a point or two.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Well we can agree both their respective teams would be barely treading water without them.

As good as Gaudreau has been this year, I actually still think he has another level. Even when he has a bad game by his standards you'll look at the stat sheet after and somehow he'll have got a point or two.

The Flames would be fine without Gaudreau.

Yotes4Cup

Dec 1, 2017
Here is the post I was referring to.
You need to stop hating on Sean Monahan. it is getting ridiculous. Monahan is not a flashy player like Gaudreau but the guy produces points. At the end of the day that is all that matters. He has done it for years now and he did it before Gaudreau was even in the league. To even say that Bratt and Hischier are better than Monahan is absolutely comical. Monahan has a high hockey IQ and knows where to be to score goals. He just does not do it in a flashy way like johnny hockey.

Last edited by a moderator:

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
The Flames would be fine without Gaudreau.

In all situations this season . .

Monahan P/60 with Gaudreau:
Without Gaudreau:

Gaudreau P/60 with Monahan:
Without Monahan:

Over his entire career, Monahan's 5v5 P/60 plummets from 2.23 with Gaudreau (~2,880 mins) to 1.47 without him (~2,170 mins)

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
In all situations this season . .

Monahan P/60 with Gaudreau:
Without Gaudreau:

Gaudreau P/60 with Monahan:
Without Monahan:

Over his entire career, Monahan's 5v5 P/60 plummets from 2.23 with Gaudreau (~2,880 mins) to 1.47 without him (~2,170 mins)

The numbers are from his 19 year old rookie year or extremely small sample sizes.

Monahan would be more than fine without Gaudreau.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->